Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Run in the rain

I had a run/walk home in the rain today! First time ever I have run in the rain. It was pouring as I walked out the office door and I confess I wasn't that excited about the soggy trip home. That feeling lasted all of 2 minutes and I then had a big grin on my face! Once you are wet, you don't get any wetter and you can actually enjoy it!! I wrapped the iPod in glad wrap and stuck it down my dacks and took off at a good ol step. Soon I couldn't help it and I broke into a run. I didn't really have a running plan except that I was going home so I ran then walked then ran again whenever I wanted to. All up about 6km. I had a blast! I had to put up with a bouncy back pack but in the big scheme of things that wasn't really a problem.

I needed a bit of cheering up actually. Some of you already know that my house was burgled. It's crap to lose sentimental stuff and material objects can be replaced but it makes me sick to think of what the baddies did to my cat. Poor little thing has been hiding in the clothes basket for days. I don't know what they did and maybe it's worse not knowing because my mind fills with all sorts of devious deeds. The guys at work have been joking that I should get new toothbrushes - or maybe they are not joking. I lost my sense of humour about a week ago.

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ick, I've been robbed a couple of times and it does feel awful. The run sounds fun though :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awful :-( I got burgged when I was living in Melbourne and it's just an awful feeling

I'm sure they didn't do anything to poor puddy. Your furbaby was probably scared to see strangers in the house going through all your stuff - don't think about all that (easier said than done, I know)

*Hugs*

And how much fun is running in the rain??? Ace :-)

Kathy said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been burgled. It's an awful feeling, isn't it?

However, running in the rain is just awesome! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Aren't puddles fun?

Anonymous said...

Oh Celeste, so sorry to hear about your place being burgled. I have been burgled and had stuff stolen and it totally sucks!! One thing that was taken from me was a ring that my Dad gave me and it had belonged to his Mum, my Oma. Absolutely broke my heart :( I still to this day scan hock shops hoping I will see it. Bloody scum bags!

Sounds like you had a fantabulous time running in the rain..... nothing beats it :)

Andrew(ajh) said...

I've been lucky and not been burgaled but I can imagine how yucky it must feel.

I so agree about running in the rain - it is one of the most enjoyable things to do IMHO

Lulu said...

Sorry to hear you've been burgled, it's never a nice feeling.

I love running in the rain, once I get going; I'm not too keen if it's pouring down before I have to go out though.

Flea said...

OMG Celeste, my tummy just turned when I read this, I had no idea mate. Gosh that sucks big big time and poor cat. Maybe she's just scared because there were strangers in the house, I hope she recovers quickly.

jojo said...

..dats no good... kharma will come and get them :)
..i agree the kitty is probably just all out of sorts with strangers in the house...you can never know anyway..so thats what id start telling myself til i believed it

warriorwoman said...

Glad you enjoyed the rain and I hope your cat starts to feel a lot brighter very soon.

running uphill said...

Sorry to hear about the burglery Celeste. That sucks!

Good to hear your running is still going strong.

Anonymous said...

Running in the rain is very liberating, I love it!

Your poor little puss cat, they are sensitive little souls, I am sure lots of love and cuddles will see things right.

Iris Flavia said...

So sorry to hear you got robbed, that must be an awful feeling!
Hope your cat has recovered...