Saturday, October 25, 2008

Over my bug

I've been pretty crook. :(

I was off work for two weeks plus not feeling myself for another week. Whatever I had hit me really hard.

Now I'm back and since I've been on an enforced detox for almost a month I have decided to continue with the detoxing. I am making a conscious effort to stay off sugar, wheat and dairy as well as processed foods. I don't want to maintain this level of effort forever, but I figure lots and lots of vegies is a good thing with my immune level still recovering.

After a month I will take a long hard look at any benefits and make another decision about lifestyle diet. Anyone who knows me will know I don't do diets. But I think I can handle a detox. Kind of like having the light at the end of the tunnel before you start if you know what I mean.

I have been physically unable to exercise and I will take it easy until my cough is completely gone but I'm looking forward to some nice gentle walks again.

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sounds nasty - hopefully not allergic reaction to Melbourne or something! Glad you are feeling better - and lots of vegies can only be a good thing! Enjoy that gentle exercise!

MorseyRuns said...

Oh no, take care and I hope you start feeling a lot better soon. I like your plan with the detox too- they are very restrictive but if you can apply as much of it as you can to everyday eating then it will only have a positive effect I gues.

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Celeste. It's a smart move to ease back into your exercise.

Iris Flavia said...

Glad you´re finally on the way up! Good luck on the detox, never did that myself so far!

jojo said...

a detox and eating vegies sounds like a great idea