Thursday, October 30, 2008

Walking home

I have decided I am not a Daylight Savings fan. I like mornings.

However I am determined to make the most of it, so I have started walking home from work. It is lovely along the river in the early evening, albeit a bit windy at times.

I just need to maintain this consistency and I'll be right!!!

Iris, I have been very conscious of bike riders and whether they are wearing helmets. I have yet to see a cyclist who is NOT wearing a helmet. Every single cyclist that I have seen has worn a helmet. So there you go.

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I have to say I am enjoying the lighter evenings - haven't had to use my bike lights for ages. The mornings will get lighter soon.

Iris Flavia said...

Celeste, I keep my eyes open as well (well, now it´s always dark on the tour back, since we switched to winter time) - From on average 40 cyclists maybe two or three wear a helmet - and I am one of them already! Also thanks to you! :-)

Some parents make their kids wear one, but still too few...

And many cycle without light, it´s plain stupid!

Your after work walks must be just beautiful!! Here it´s not fun anymore with 9C...

Lulu said...

Nice to see you back in the blogosphere. Sounds like you had the bug I had a few months ago. It took the wind out of my sails I can tell you!!

Sounds like you are taking a sensible approach to regaining your fitness

Flea said...

Same here, were sick for 3 weeks, well for 4 weeks and now sick again! OMG what is in the air? It's all in my chest and I can't exercise either, getting fatter and un fitter by the freakin day.

Anonymous said...

Touch wood I've managed to avoid this dreaded bug, even though there are some really inconsiderate people who came to work full of it!!

Anyway, good to hear you're over it and getting back out there.

I love Daylight Savings....best time of the year!