Thursday, May 24, 2007

PHOTOS!!!

OK I have succumbed to the pressure of posting where I run - well, cycle. I had enormous fun stop-starting my ride the other day. I left a little early for my second job and the route is substantially the same as my ride to and from home (except for the boring bits) so I thought photos during the daylight hours would be far more impressive than those at night or before dawn!

That's my workplace through the trees. My office has a beautiful view of Kings Park - I never get sick of it! I see joggers running through the park all day!




Kings Park avenue of trees. One tree is planted for every soldier killed in World War I and II (Except I think this bit is for "committee members" who planned Kings Park.) The avenue is kms long.


Ahhhhh. Beautiful Perth on another beautiful day.

OK - my ride. The scenery changes a lot over the 5kms I am in Kings Park. Yet it's all beautiful.



I think you can imagine just how dark it is at night - and scarey!! The only light is my bike headlight. I can barely see anything. I have to concentrate just to stay on the path.

When I hit the UWA campus, I'm almost home!!

16 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the photos Celeste. Thanks for sharing them with us. What a terrific place to ride. I envy your fabulous view from work too.

It certainly does look like it would be scary at night. I'm sure you're glad to get to the campus when you're travelling at that time.

Flea said...

AAaaah, that's my home too!! So proud of it! Thanks for sharing your route with us.
Where are you, you didn't do one of those arm-stretched-out-in-front-of-you pics with the camera facing your way?
So, do you have a pepper spray yet? I know you know how to use one!
(I e-mailed you, hope you got it)

LBTEPA said...

Oh how lovley... Perth is such a beautiful city!

running uphill said...

Beautiful photos Celeste. Great to see where you ride.

warriorwoman said...

Nice to see where you run, I love the snap of the sky scrapers.

Sarah said...

It looks beautiful celeste - I really want to go to Perth one day - looks like a wonderful city. Your route looks like it would be a little spooky and scary in the dark - I hope you look after yourself and make sure you're safe! :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos Celeste, looks like somewhere I'd love to run - but I don't think I'd be game enough to cycle there in the dark!

Andrew(ajh) said...

No doubt, Perth is a beautiful city. And you have a wonderful surrounds for your work. I don't think I'd like to be doing that bike path in the dark - you're game!

LizN said...

Great pics! found you through Hann. Best of luck in getting those 2007 km run. What a great idea :)

Cheers
Liz N

Samurai Running said...

Yes, Perth is a great city. Great photos celeste. I have walked some of those paths before.

Although I've never lived in Perth I have been there heaps when I lived in Fremantle during the America's Cup.

Fremantle is probably good for running too, but when I was there I made more use of the pubs and restaurants.

Iris Flavia said...

OhhhhhOOOhhhhh.... beautiful pics, make me feel homesick again, Celeste! What a great place for a job, too!

The skyline.... so very, very much beautiful!

The thought of the soldiers who died makes me get goosebumps everytime. Especially when I see those isolated trees with the signs.

Just make sure you know where the wind comes from when using pepper spray - this is what I´m most afraid of - knocking myself over.

Beautiful pics, really! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's beautiful. I have never been to Perth but now I really want to.

How lucky are you!

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo, I get so home sick still to this day!!

I know that building where you work, I think it has been there a thousand years, lol! I love Kings Park :)

Rich said...

I have never looked back from leaving Sydney for good old Perth. I'm fortunate too to live quite close to the river... loved the pics!

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent photos!
I wonder if you have been up Jacobs ladder from mounts bay rd to Kings Park? I walked up there the other week...lots of runners there always...

My wife ran about 35min for her first 5k race, after I encouraged her training for a few months...

I like the exercise ticker and good to see the PB and km's done tables...great blog!

Anonymous said...

:( Makes me miss Perth even more. Next year you and me baby running that path. Pinkie swear!!