Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Visitors to Perth

It seems Perth is a popular spot. Not only am I very excited about meeting Morseyruns, but it seems Runmumrun is also heading this way. And why wouldn't you visit our beautiful city? MUCH more beautiful than Sydney or Melbourne! (he he - any bites from anyone for that?)

I've signed up for runjanerun's ausrun challenge - which sort of commits me to a bit of weight loss. I am even less inclined to post my weight than I have been previously, mainly because it keeps moving in the wrong direction - and because there does not appear to be anyone quite as large as me who posts regularly. All these skinny ones worried about being 60kgs or 70kgs or even 80kgs! I scoff at such figures!!

It's getting VERY cold to cycle to work in the mornings now but I have been soldiering on. I'm going to have to start wrapping a scarf around my nose so I can breathe without that icy pain that hits my chest on each breath! I also discovered "arm warmers" at the bike shop. Might invest in a pair of those too. All these accessories......

My gym is STILL not open. :( I'm getting antsy about it. I want to get into it while I'm still enthusiastic! Thankfully my second job finishes in two weeks so I'll have a bit more time to exercise (and post). At the moment, I feel like I am chasing my tail - thank goodness for my cycling commute or I wouldn't be exercising at all. And the BEST part is that on my busiest days I exercise the MOST because I commute to and from my two jobs up to 3 times a day.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd love to visit Perth one day ...

Celeste, I have great admiration for you that you actually get out there and give it a go. I doubt anyone from ausrun will judge badly for being whatever size you are, particularly if they're all in the same boat of trying to shed a few (or many) kilos - almost everyone whose ever tried to do that will know what a difficult task it is. I've come to the conclusion that those who've never tried and for whom it isn't a problem will never fully understand the battle.

anyway, off my soapbox - just wanted to say good on you for being out there when a lot of people are sitting on the couch. :)

Flea said...

I admire you too for getting on your bike so early and soldiering through the cold. Me? I stay inside only until I have to go and drop kids of or go to uni.

No idea what runjanerun is? Tell me more?

jojo said...

hey..celeste..the number is absolutely irrelevant..thats why there are people who's goals are (S - 4)kg.. whether s is 60.70.80.90.100.. we are all just wanting to work together and use each other as motivation.. i think sarah said it best heen she said no one will judge you....runjanerun

warriorwoman said...

Hey I count - I'm big.
Go and stick your number up, I can't believe any of the littleuns will be horrified and you might inspire someone else to give the fitness malarky a go.

Back to cycling though - isn't it a great way to sneak in some exercise? I'm just about to change jobs and it will mean my cycle commute goes up to 250k a week. That is free exercise as far as I see it, I've just swapped my time from sitting on a bus.

Have you tried a buff for dealing with the cold on your face?

Anonymous said...

Coming from Perth I think you have to define what 'cold' is. I think it may be the case where your cold is our mild to somewhat warm.

warriorwoman said...

Just had another thought - have you got a cycle computer for your handlebars? Must be the most important accessory of them all. With all the additional rides you do between jobs you must be stacking up the miles.

2P said...

Good on you for still cycling Celeste - I nudged over 95kgs on Monday so looks like I better get on my bike too.

Perth? I don't like it - the Sun sets on the wrong side and I get all discombooblerated! :-)