Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wildflowers!!!

I had the best ride to work this morning. I have a late meeting so I started late and didn't leave home until 8am. It was 15 degrees and beautiful. I had forgotten what it was like to ride in the warmth! It rained all night and Kings Park had that beautiful sweet smell of freshness - and there are wildflowers everywhere!!! They weren't there yesterday! But this morning the bike path is lined with beautiful white flowers. I'll have to bring my camera and take a photo. It was absolute joy to ride through. Flowers make everyone smile don't they?!

The wildflower festival is just about to begin in Kings Park. I thought it was just in the Botanical Gardens. I didn't realise the flowers would be EVERYWHERE!!! And I didn't realise they came up so quickly - literally overnight!! Those of you who have been reading my blog since I was in Karratha will know my favourite wildflower is the Mulla Mulla. I didn't post a photo last season. I'll have to get some photos this season.

Hmmmm, and as I write, the clouds have come over again and rain threatens once more.

11 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

That is so cool! I love any sort of flowers (though sadly they don't come my way very often!). What is going on with the rain you have been getting over there- every time you get out on your bike it rains! You are doing wonders for the drought.

Flea said...

We actually said we want to get you guys to Araluen botanical park, it's just as great and un believable.
I heard KP planted 10 000's of bulbs so I can just imagine, I'll give it another week or two and go see.
Shall we catch up then for a ride through the park I think, once B is home?

warriorwoman said...

I love it when the spring bulbs start to appear. It really does make people smile.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sounds like a beautiful ride!

Kathy said...

Sounds fantastic Celeste. Did it rain on you on your way home?

lg said...

I think there is nothing better than when it starts getting warmer and feels like spring is on the way - makes you want to be outside (even though I usually live on hayfever tablets at that time - it's worth it)

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds soooo beautiful! Pics would be very welcomed ;-)

2P said...

Hey Celeste - so good to see you keeping on keeping on whilst I've been hibernating - nice work!

MorseyRuns said...

Hey Celeste where are you? YooHooo? Come back and tell us more stories about riding around in the rain soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes Please, take some photo's.

WA is famous for its wildflowers isn't it?

The house up the road from me has masses of freesias in their yard and they are just starting to pop up, I always walk on their side of the road at this time of year and take a deep breath :-)

Flea said...

Oih, where are thou?