Monday, July 23, 2007

Another workout

I just had the most fabulous workout at the gym. It is pouring with rain outside and I am happily sitting in one of the gym's cafes on the free internet. I had a crap day at work with one thing or another, plus I missed my workout this morning, so I just left work early and came straight here. Nothing like a bit of sweat to clear the mind. I did 6km on the eliptical trainer in a little over 30 minutes and I don't feel a niggle from my troublesome legs. I was feeling all lethargic and just wanting a nap - but now I feel pretty good. It still amazes me about this whole exercise thing. I'm just glad I now have the knowledge to come to the gym after a crap day instead of heading home to eat up big and go to bed!!

I think that also being at a fabulous gym helps. I had a lovely warm shower, gave my hair a blow dry and am now sitting down with a lovely drink. I'll wait here on the comfy couches for hubby to come and pick me up (I'm not riding home in this weather!). Right at this point in time I can't think of anywhere nicer. I've got that workout-contented feeling. Beautiful.

13 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I couldn't agree more ... a workout, a nice hot shower and a coffee ... heaven. And with internet access too ... even better!

Anonymous said...

Ditto here. I love a nice hot long shower after exercise. That's one of the things I miss when training at work but on the weekends, training from home, it's awesome.

jojo said...

its always great to realise how much your attitude has changed..and the positive effect that has on your life..well done!

Kathy said...

Wow Celeste, you've got the workout high! It's the best feeling, isn't it?

You're not alone. I am still amazed to feel energetic after a workout.

Your gym sounds terrific.

Kathryn said...

Nothing like a workout to get over the stress of a crap day :)

lg said...

Glad to hear you can go home destressed - nothing worse than bringing home the baggage of work!

MorseyRuns said...

That sounds perfect! Don't leave me waiting too long for a post- I get all anxious to hear about how much fun you are having at the gym, while my gym is lucky to have me enter the doors once a week!

LBTEPA said...

What a lovely positive post - like yours usually are :) Please pop some of that happy dust into an envelope and send it to me!
BTW 30 min on the elliptical you are a MACHINE

Anonymous said...

6km in 30 mins, that's awesome Celeste, I'm sure I can't do that. Do you have much resistance, or do you do the cardio thing and go faster and lighter?

How cool to have free internet at the gym. We do have free coffee and tea, and also free breakfast, but no free internet access :-(

Anonymous said...

Your gym sounds like bliss and you are utilizing it wonderfully :)

trailblazer777 said...

excellent,sounds great!

warriorwoman said...

I'm glad you can still feel the passion while injury keeps you away from running.
Keep enjoying it Celeste.

Iris Flavia said...

That really sounds like a great gym! In mine people often are queued up for the shower, no real fun. Happy for the power you´ve got! :-)