Monday, July 09, 2007

Bad Mood

I am in a VERY bad mood. I have just spent the morning developing a data base and I have lost the LOT. I am Cranky with a capital "C".

So I am taking a break to let my blood pressure settle. Thankfully my hormones are normal at the moment or I would be in tears.

And my day started off so well too. I managed to cycle to yoga this morning which started at 6.15. Then an hour of weights and cardio, a lovely shower and I was at work 15 minutes early.

I definitely have need of yoga - this is the second class of my week and is held at the gym. I was the only one in the class (again) who can't hold the downward dog longer than about 5 seconds. The instructor says hold for five breaths! I don't have a hope. She says that the sooner I can learn not to hold my breath, the easier it will become. I'm also the only person in the class who needs to do the "variation" on the poses - because the beginner poses are too hard!! However I don't mind. I have no shame. I figure the more I improve the more dramatically everyone else will notice!! A fairly busy class, surprisingly, at that time of morning but most left after the class. There were only a few who went on to do weights.

I felt good to start the day - until about 15 minutes ago.

Actually I feel a bit better now, just by thinking about my early morning!

11 comments:

jojo said...

naughty database... think good thoughts...good thoughts... sounds like you at least had a great start to the day :)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Don't you just hate computers sometimes. I bought myself a USB memory stick a while ago, and when I'm doing anything important save to it and the hard disk every five-ten minutes or so (when I remember).

Anonymous said...

Deep Breaths!

If it's any consolation I suck at Yoga and always used to hold my breath. people who can put their heels on the floor during downward facing dog are FREAKS!

Hope tomorrow is better, Big Hug

LBTEPA said...

BOOO TO YOUR STUPID DATABASE!
Well done for not bursting into floods of tears or swearing for Australia. And well done w/ the yoga you bendy thing :)
BTW- the rug isn't for Noddie! It's MINE! (although we already argue about who gets it LOL) It cost $1/ball = $32 - and my husband doesn't 'let' (or 'not let') me do things. The poor bugger just endures.....

Kathy said...

I had a grumpy day today too. Maybe I was picking up your vibes and going out in sympathy.

Your morning gym session sounds terrific.

If the computer loses your database again, pull the plug! That'll show it.

Lulu said...

Yoga is hard so I admire you for giving it a go. I gave up!

Sounds like an excellent start to the day... well apart from the database.

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr database... grrr. I hate that. But glad your morning was so good as to knock the grrrrs on the head.

Pain in the ass computers.

I don't really know about the yoga thing (only done it in a very amateur fashion from a book), but I do know that when I stretch it takes a monumental effort to keep breathing... it's like the body says "What you doing there? Something I don't want to? Trying to improve your flexibility. Hold your breath! Sucker. Harumph."

Or something like that.

B.

Flea said...

Oh bummer, I can imagine your frustration ... stupid computers!

Yoga, yes well, I've only done 2 classes in my life so far now, I can't find how it will benefit me so I gave up because I wasn't as flexible as what I wanted to be and didn't enjoy the class as much, it felt like a struggle, I did enjoy the end meditation moments though, that was truly lovely ... you inspired me to try it again.

Anonymous said...

I always have mishaps when I am on the computer which is very frustrating because in this household, it takes me ages to get my go!!!

I love yoga :)

Anonymous said...

Bad Database. Go Yoga Girl. Remember, in with the good air, out with the bad. :)

trailblazer777 said...

yes its a devasting feeling forgetting to save your work.
reminds me of the different meanings people have for the word save...
a save in soccer by the goalkeeper.
to save your work on the computer.
save the last tim tam for later.
saved by God as in rescued from our sin.
save a few seconds/minutes on your time by not stopping at the drink stations in a marathon or 10k but learning the skill of drinking that water or powerade while still running.
etc etc.

thanks for your kind encouraging comments re my marathon disaster on the weekend.

all the best with getting into a good mood again...swings and roudabouts, mountains and valleys