Thursday, July 05, 2007

Routine

I seem to be easily falling into the routine of going to the gym before work - but now I find it difficult to go after work. Go figure. The gym has introduced more classes in the mornings, which is a good thing, so I should be able to fit in a few more classes.

Having said it is harder for me to get to the gym in the afternoons - I managed to make it yesterday. It was full, as usual, and kind of reinforced to me why I may well be subliminally avoiding afternoon sessions. I did my weights then went hunting for a cardio machine. No treadmills, no cross trainers, no bikes, one free rower (sigh - OK then), but wait! A stepper! I jumped on the stepper and quickly jumped off again as a treadmill freed up. Yay! A treadmill!

I did my five minutes and then thought I'd be extra daring and add on another minute. All up SIX minutes running. Woo Hoo!

I had an early start at work today - so may hit the gym in the afternoon again. Two afternoons in a row.

Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful birthday wishes!!! I got an iPod - a pink one. Just a little shuffle, but suits me wonderfully. I'm not game enough to use it on the bike, but I will use it at the gym!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved my shuffle - until it died ... and then my husband wouldn't let me get another one - something about apple and world domination!!

I'd hate a full gym - one of the advantages of going while everyone else is at work ;)

jojo said...

good effort two days in a row.....sounds like you are enjoying it

Kathryn said...

it's nice getting the exercise out of the way early and having the nights free to do other things.

Kathy said...

I have this vision of you moving quickly and silently past the free weights, sneaking past the weight machines, peering around the counters, and then leaping on the one cardio machine that hasn't yet been claimed.

Just as well that you're building up your running. It sounds as though you might need to sprint through the gym to get to the cardio equipment first.

Anonymous said...

I think a morning workout is great, it sets you up for the day. So glad to see you are getting a bit of running in there as well, maybe its time to think about a little run walk program like I have been doing, obviously run (LOL) it by your physio first.

I wouldn't wear the iPod on the bike, I think it is important to be aware of what is going on around you when you are cycling.

MorseyRuns said...

So excited that you are back running!

Andrew(ajh) said...

I love my Shuffle too ... but I agree too dangerous to use on the bike, but will be great when you are back out running.

Flea said...

I got a promised shuffle! Figure that!
I think he forgot I wanted one, we were gonna wait for a special and it never happened! LOL

Lulu said...

Good idea not to use it on the bike I think! Glad you got something pink for your birthday!