Monday, July 16, 2007

Box head!

OMG it was cold this morning!! I was all set to get up for an early ride to be at yoga at 6.15, but one little toe out of the covers at 5.30 convinced me to stay in bed! Guilt got the better of me however and I was out of the house by 6.30 - too late for yoga though. Man it was cold. Apparently it was 3 degrees which I am sure is warm for the Victorians! I was rugged up like the Michellin man. I had two pairs of pants, two shirts and a jacket, two pairs of gloves, a beanie and a scarf. My feet were cold with my lonely one pair of socks but the rest of me was OK. Or perhaps I was already numb - I'm not sure. I could see my breath through the scarf! I passed a couple of runners wearing only singlets and shorts - and I wondered if perhaps I had become a bit precious. At least there was no wind this morning.

I was staring out of my window at work, looking into Kings Park and there was a person wearing a big box over their head and arm holes cut in it. They were holding a sign and standing in front of traffic. I couldn't see the sign from where I am but it occured to me that you get all sorts in the city! There was no one else around this whacko, so I can only assume they were acting like that off their own back. Perhaps they were protesting something. But really, who wears a box? It was decorated with red tinsel so at least it was a fashionable box. Then they wandered off down the road and I lost sight of them.

7 comments:

LBTEPA said...

It's much colder on the bike than the run b/c of the wind - good on you for getting out in it on such a cold day.
That bit about the fashionable be-tinselled box cracked me up!

MorseyRuns said...

Oh yeah, when it is 3 degrees I break out the shorts and teensy weensy tank tops (or a large tinselly box), yep warm summers day here! 3 degrees is cold anywhere so more points to you for getting out there.

lg said...

And here I was bitching about 7 degrees this morning.

You win!

jojo said...

you know when everything you wear just looks terrible.... some days i should be wearing a box.. LOL

Andrew(ajh) said...

I hope the box wasn't all that they were wearing!

Anonymous said...

Nope, that's even damn cold by my standards, it was about 6 where I was this morning and I wasn't riding anywhere.

So basically, well done, you could not have paid me to get on a bike this morning because it feels twice as cold once you get going!

Box man, sounds intriguing, wonder what his game was??

running uphill said...

Hey, it's zero here this morning and I'm not going too far from the fire just yet. Glad I decided that mornings were just too hard at the moment. Good on you for getting out there.

I'm guessing those runners didn't check the temperature before heading out (hope so anyway, or just masochists).