Monday, June 18, 2007

Back into routine

I completed my test and have now returned to the world of reality. As I suspected, for the past four days I have done no exercise and I've eaten absolute crap. However (*lightbulb*) I missed my bike (!!) and craved healthy food instead of fast food. I was so pleased to jump on the bike this morning and ride to work. It was freezing, but that didn't matter. I've packed the gym clothes and am heading to the gym this afternoon. Now just to make the mental link to study-stress and exercise and I should be able to start living a much more healthy existance. Psychologically, study means constant snacking - my last hurdle.

Work means cycling. Free time means time for the gym (or running *sigh*). But study time still means snacking.

My latest gizmo for the bike - a pair of arm warmers! I looked at the leg warmers too but I didn't think any would fit me, and I wear long skins so I decided just to stick with the arm warmers. Bright red! I would have got yellow, but the colours seemed decidedly conservative. Red, black, white and blue. Boring. But very practical - they were great this morning.

My plan this afternoon - weights and 5 minutes on the tready as part of a 20 minute intense cardio session. As well as my cycling commute of course. In the dark. And cold.

9 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Glad your test is DONE!!
Be careful out on your bike mate :)

jojo said...

hope the 'exam' went well. arm warmers are a great idea..easy to take off if you get overheated..studying is very hard not to snack

MorseyRuns said...

I am so glad you are back! Glad everything went well- and I have to agree that snacking is mandatory when studying!

Anonymous said...

Those arm warmers look Fab, I have been thinking of getting some for running on cold mornings, are they comfy>

Kathy said...

Glad to have you back in the real world Celeste. There's always a new gizmo, isn't there?

If you keep up the cycling and the gym work, you'll be so fit when you get the all clear to go running that there'll be no stopping you!

Flea said...

Does that mean we can party now that the exams are over? LOL
Thank you for your advice on my post, it's very wise words you have!

warriorwoman said...

I've never tried arm warmers but they sound like a good thing for autumnal riding.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I can so relate to you missing the bike - I felt the same way after my trips away! Glad the test is over!

Anonymous said...

Oh Celeste, huge well done on getting through it - sounds a bit like the viva voce exam I had at the end of my PhD (three person panel exam + presentation). At the time they didn't do confirmations in the UK - thank goodness!

I was a terror for nibbling whilst studying/writing/reading. The two just go hand in hand! :o)

Love the arm warmers... got to love all the gadgets and gizmos :o)

B