Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Piker

Yesterday after work I started riding to the gym as usual and I got to the car park and it was full. I looked up into the windows on the upper level and I could see people using all the treadmills. So I went home. Just like that. I didn't even go inside. I didn't even get off my bike!! It has been so busy at the gym it's painful. It seems to take forever to do my weights routine and sometimes I don't get a choice on the cardio equipment - I just take what's left. Well not yesterday!! I wasn't cranky or anything - just passively resigned to the fact that the gym is always super busy after work.

But this morning I went in BEFORE work. I had great plans of doing this when I first started but I just haven't been organised enough. Today I was organised! And you know what - the gym was almost empty!! I used all the equipment when I wanted to in the order I wanted to. I had a selection of treadmills and I even chose the fitball because it was purple - instead of grabbing anything. I was in and out in an hour - including showering! And best of all - I feel great! Beaut way to start the day.

I normally get to work early because I tend to be a bit of an early bird. But if I just plan to be on time instead of early I reckon I could hit the gym every morning. That way I could give my workouts some variety because I'm not doing weights every day. I never leave work early anyway so I'm just working extra for nothing.

He he - I did my five minutes running at 9km/h again! Shhhh.

10 comments:

jojo said...

well done celeste..i swore for about 4 years i was going to exercise before work..i managed it..umm let me count...still counting....once!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done on the early morning gym adveture. 9kph smokin' I will have to work hard to catch up

Iris Flavia said...

I start work early so I´m off early and in the gym before the mass turns in. I hate it, too, when it´s too busy and I have to wait! Before work would be fun, but they don´t open up before 10:00 am! And whilst I go there by bike I have to go to work by car, so... no option, sadly. But great for you to be able to go before work!

Anonymous said...

I used to struggle out of bed in the morning and get to the gym when it opened at 6am, Monday was a step class and the rest of the week was just the gym work. I loved it at that time, relatively quiet and always the same group of dedicated people. You'll notice the same group at your place if you go each morning. They are always in, work out, get to work instead of the hang-around-equipment chatting all bloody night evening folks. I got to know all the regulars at my old place quite well, it was a really nice group of people. I do miss it sometimes

Kathy said...

I love the gym when it's quiet .. early in the morning or late in the evening. I'm lucky because it's just a 10 minute walk away, so I can choose either end of the day.

When I do go at a busy time I feel quite indignant about having to wait. Don't they realise that this is my gym and my workout? *chuckle*

Flea said...

Lucky for me the gym is not to busy during morning hours but the creche is packed and poor little man is crowded, I decided there for not to go any longer on Monday mornings. They have 3 aerobic classes and Netball teams showing up so imagine how much over 50 toddlers look like in a creche?
Good on ya, not making a fuss but a better plan, can I borrow that attitude?
My running sucks, I trod along at 7,5km/h and only for 5 min. Today I did 2 min at 7.0km/h my legs were jello still from yesterday's spin class so I stopped and walked.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I hate all you people who have the willpower to get going and exercise before work, I just can't seem to do it during the cold weather. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Good plan Celeste. I hate having to share my equipment with others, what a joy to find an empty gym.

running uphill said...

Good plan Celeste. Just thinking about a crowded gym sets my teeth on edge.

trailblazer777 said...

way to go!

keep on feeling the burn, and hope you overcome the achilles, and keep increasing that speed..

crowdedness is my biggest dislike about gyms...

well done on getting there early!