Thursday, June 07, 2007

Spin - weeeeeeeeee!

Spin last night was a blast!!! Although I have to say that it was damn hard work!! My calves are so sore today. I think it will still take a bit of practice to get the technique right though, because I worked really hard on one of the sprints and gave it everything, then wanted to slack off but couldn't! You can't stop your legs moving!!! No one ever said that before! I almost fell off and exploded from lack of breath. I understand the bit about not tightening the knob thing to make it easier. Phew! What a workout!! There were a few beginners there so we all got help adjusting our seats and handlebars and the instructor kept an eye on us. I'll be back!

Then I decided to brave the road home - and I think I'll stick to the path from now on. It didn't seem to matter how far to the left I rode, the cars zoomed past so damn, damn close to me. And a bus. Man that was freaky. I was concentrating so hard that it was unpleasant - but I noticed (when I got home) that my top speed was 44.2! Aaarrgh!!! No WONDER I was freaking out. But there were fewer uphills - the road must be smoothed out for the cars compared to the path.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

glad you enjoyed spin celeste - it is a great workout and it's great that you can work as hard as you want to with the tension. 44.2!!! wow!!

warriorwoman said...

Spin is search good fun, it makes me tempted to join a gym again.

Anonymous said...

Spin is great - I'm so glad you enjoyed it

But now about your aerobics - is that ok for you to do with your injury? I recall aerobics being a lot of bouncing around on your calves and it seems that if you can't run are you sure aerobics is allowed??? Not that I want to dampen your enthusiasm - I just want to see you fixed and out running again as soon as you can!

MorseyRuns said...

Spin is so good- shame I am banned at the moment, and when I do get back there it is really going to hurt! Hope you had a good stretch afterwards!

Kathy said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed spin. I'm yet to be converted, although it's a great calorie burner.

Good on you for being brave enough to ride home on the road.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Glad you enjoyed the Spin class Celeste. The other thing you have to watch for on the roads, especially with trucks and buses is the wind "blasts" they can cause as they go past, these can sometimes be very strong and could knock you off your bike if you're not prepared. 44km/hr - go Celeste!

jojo said...

i love spin class.havent done it in ages..the first time i ever did i got a bit excited and went too hard and thought i might throw up..shouldnt have tried to keep up with the person next to me ;)

Anonymous said...

Aha, I knew you would love the spin, it is a great workout.

Shame about the shallow pool, maybe time to learn how to swim as well, you will be a multi discipline athlete by the time you start running again, maybe a triathlete :-)

LBTEPA said...

you are so energetic and iinspiring - thanks for sharing your enthusiasm :)
But - what Beki said - perhaps a quick 'is this ok' call the the physio?
Careful on those roads mate, especially when it's getting dark!

trailblazer777 said...

44km/h? thats pretty good for a max speed, anything above 40 is getting quick. I try to stick to the paths too many people been kille don the roads or at least go on cyclist friendly roads like the perth Bicycle network, see
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/cycling/1924.asp OR bikeforce shops. cycle paths the way to go for sure. is spin. is good.

latest R4YL (run for your life) running magazine (april/may edition) has a whole article on beating achilles problems.

Anonymous said...

Go speed Demon Go.

Glad it was just a shallow pool and not the shallow end of the gene pool :)

Love Spin Class, soon my lovely spin bike you shall be mine again.

Vicky said...

Wow Celeste, just catching up! Sorry for my long absence! Loved your post about meeting up with Sara - its great isn't it! Just how I felt when I met Em and Angel and TB in Melb!

Sorry to hear the injury woes are continuing for you too, but its great about the gym and pool and that you are still cycling. You really are an inspiration!

Great that you managed to see the club runners too and catch up with them.

Take care and thanks for your comments! MAR. :-)

Flea said...

Also came over to see what's next on your busy agenda! Do you ever stop?
Keep it up!