Tuesday, September 16, 2008

REAL exercise

This morning I got up early and went for a real walk for about an hour. Golly it sinks in how much fitness I have lost - this will be a long term thing I think. I tried to have a couple of little jogs but lasted no more than a minute or so.

No more excuses like yesterday's pathetic attempt. If I want this I will do it.

I didn't start work until 8 this morning - very late for me. I felt like a naughty school girl!! I caught the bus again and the traffic is horrific at that time of morning! I got off at Jacobs Ladder again, mainly because the traffic was at a standstill and it felt quicker to walk the distance. I'd made it all the way along Mounts Bay Road to Mill St before the bus passed me, such was the congestion.

So I walked the distance I walked yesterday from the bus stop PLUS an hour's walk along the river. Time to bring Percy out of retirement and show you my walks again.

More museli for breakfast. I FEEL like I've started again - now just to keep the momentum going. I'll be running again in no time. But I'm not going to push it. That is, I am not going to overdo it. Regular improvement is what I am after - not dramatic change.

4 comments:

jojo said...

sounds like a good plan-easing into it :)
as you get fitter-theres nothing wrong with running 1min, walking 4 running 1 etc and then gradually increasing-you will be surprised how quickly it will happen. great work oon over and hour walking.
..im trying to diet at the moment-it SUCKS

Andrew(ajh) said...

Slow and steady - wins the race!

warriorwoman said...

So, welcome back!
I got a fitbug (pedometer thing) recently and now I'm obsessively trying to extend the walks I do to build up the steps.
Perhaps you've seen similar I think they do a 10000 steps initiative in Australia.

MorseyRuns said...

I was doing 3:1 walk:runs VERY recently- there is hope! Keep it up- I am still "tinkering" with my diet trying to find out what I can eat that doesn't make me fat or hungry!