Thursday, September 11, 2008

Starting Again

Is it seriously September?? How on earth have I missed so much time??

It is true what they say, when you get out of the habit of doing something, it becomes easier to avoid it again and again.

On a professional note, things are doing well. I work in a great job with fabulous working conditions and I have a passion for what I do. I tend to work long hours, but that really hasn't bothered me because I love it. However, considering it is SEPTEMBER perhaps I should take a look at what I am doing with my time because I always seem to be too busy too blog.

Too busy to blog, too busy to run, too busy to scratch myself, too busy for anything except making excuses.

You know how something happens and it's the kick up the backside you need? Well I had a kick up the backside today and I took a long hard look at myself. And I have concluded that my downward slide of poor time management began when I gave up blogging.

No exercise to report today. In fact no exercise of particular note to report for, ummm, nine months or so. What a great opportunity to start again! If anyone has me on a feed and notices that I'm back - I'd love a hello.

9 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

It's great to hear from you again ... it certainly has been a while. I can relate to the "been too busy to .." as well, but I am now a converted believer to the fact that you (or at least "I") have to find that time for the exercise otherwise I just do not feel as good.

Lovely to see you back in blogland!

Anonymous said...

Hello :)

I only found you today whilst trawling the web for Perth blogs (PhD related research, you see), but it seems we have a bit in common: both academics-in-waiting (if you are indeed still in waiting?) and both runners, so just thought I'd say hi :)

Welcome back to blogland.

And like the other guy said - it's worth finding the time for exercise. I don't think anything else in my life quite feels right, when I'm not exercising (and I'm certainly not a natural exerciser).

Anonymous said...

*waves*

Welcome back :-)

I, too, am guilty of not blogging/not exercising...working and studying will do that too you. Hopefully I will see some more regular posts from you now!

Kathy said...

Hey there Celeste. Lovely to hear from you. Hoping to hear much more from you. Hugs.

lg said...

Hey Celeste, glad to see you back and look forward to your posts

Flea said...

Great Great news to have you back again.

I still wish I could have ended up in your office, things happens there!!

MorseyRuns said...

Celeste I was worried you had been abducted by aliens. So glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Helooooooo

Welcome back, make the most of the warmer days, get that C25k program back and out get stuck in girl.

Good to have you back around again.

trailblazer777 said...

good to see you blogging again
im sure many of us missed you...