Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bored with being scared

It's still raining and I've had the boss's car while she's away so I haven't ridden to work. Still, driving to the gym has been somewhat of a novelty.

Anyway, I'm getting bored with this insane fear I have of running. If I behave myself, of course I won't get re-injured. But I don't trust myself. I'll push myself and be stupid, simply because I love it so much!! Anyway, like I said I'm bored with that attitude. It achieves nothing - and I miss out on running.

So I decided to do the C25K again. I did it once and managed OK. It was only when I started kicking up the distances that I got myself into trouble.

I've downloaded the podcasts and man, it makes it easy!!! It's set to dance music, which is not usually my scene, but makes a pretty cool change from what I've been listening to. Old mate on the podcast tells me when to run and when to walk. I know I'm not overdoing it because I stop when he tells me to stop.

I've started at week 5 which is 3 runs of 5 minutes with a 3 minute walk in between. Not right at the beginning but not where I was either.

I think I've become a little precious because it was raining this morning, so I did my run on the treadmill at the gym. I WANT to run in the rain, but this morning it was, like, it's WET - so off I toddled to the gym. I was so paranoid that I wouldn't make it or that I would overdo it, that I set the treadmill to 8km/h for the runs. Now I KNOW I can run at 9km/h. The first two runs were so easy that I increased the speed to 8.5km/h. Ooooooooo 8.5!!! I think I'll stay on Week 5 until I can make it at 9km/h.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo us C25K watch out. Istarted this week with 1 minute runnin g and 90 sec walk for a max of 20 total. It feels great to be runnin g agin. The wildflowers made me very homesick for Perth.

Love Love Strawberry Freddo he rocks :)

2P said...

Yeeehaa nice work Celeste - as an old mentor of mine used to say - don't let fear stop ya!

Nice work :-)

jojo said...

well done.. its great to be back out there isnt it :)