Sunday, September 16, 2007

Running outside

This is my run this morning. It's the first time I've been outside to run since about April. Using the podcasts for the C25K has given me heaps of confidence - even though I am way back at Week 5. I can't overdo it - but by the same token I can't cheat either!!! I was going up a hill on the last five minute run and I wanted to stop but then this voice came on "Only a minute to go - keep going!" So I kept going! Still, three five minute runs is a long way from where I was and I am a little disheartened - but all the more determined to get back.

Interestingly enough, my pace is consistent with what I've been doing on the treadmill. My pace (for all of five minutes) is steady between 8.5 and 9 km/h. I can't say I'm disappointed with that!!


11 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay Celeste! I'm so happy to hear you're outside running!

When I started running, you were a huge inspiration for me to get myself off the treadmill and out into the real world. I'm incredibly grateful for that. You'll have to imagine it, but I'm doing a happy dance here because you're back sharing the joy of outside running with me.

Don't be disheartened by the baby steps. You've made great progress to be able to get yourself back out there, and those baby steps will help to ensure that you run injury free.

Besides, that's a great pace that you're doing.

Lulu said...

Good luck with the return. You'll be surprised how quickly your fitness returns when you re-start.

2P said...

But when you consider all those fences you must have jumped over according to that map it would have been quite a workout ;-)

To quote the ad - it won't happen overnight, but it will happen!

Stick with it Celeste you are doing great.

jojo said...

you'll be surprised how quickly you get back to where you were..plug away..im getting closer to being back to pre-injury pace (not the distance yet though)and i too was injured on april 1st

Andrew(ajh) said...

That is the best news I've heard for a while, so great that you are back out and running again. Just take it slowly, and in no time you'll even forget you had the long break!

Anonymous said...

Excellent to see you back out there again :-)

As Yazz once said, The only way is up baby!

MorseyRuns said...

So excited to see the little pink drawings again! That is definitely a great comeback you are planning- nice and slowly does it.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, your back running!! You will be back to where you were before you can say Jack Robinson, lol!

Running to Podscasts soounds interesting :)

Kathryn said...

Well done, you'll be back to it in no time and far better to take things slow than get injured again :D

Flea said...

Oh Hi, I'm back after being absent for a wee bit.
You're running again!! That's great news, I'm so glad for you, go girl!
I struggle now with a bit of shin splits, from playing Netball at uni once a week, even spring loaded floors didn't prevent it.
Gotta catch up!!

warriorwoman said...

Excellent - the satellite images are back!