Thursday, September 13, 2007

I've been tagged

Courtesy of Iris. I'd love to know this stuff about Morseyruns, Warriorwomen, Hann, Kathy and Andrew. Consider yourselves tagged.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just started my Masters study. I was very happy living in a small sea side town in Queensland.
2. What were you doing one year ago?
I was in Karratha, furiously writing a university degree. I’d just finished the C25K and was devastated to discover my 30 minutes was less than 4km!
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Salt and vinegar chips
Cheese and onion chips
Plain chips (Hmmmm is there a pattern here?)
Strawberry Freddo frogs (or anything with gooey strawberry)
Vita Wheat with vegemite (or, rather, vegemite with Vita Wheat)
4. What are 5 songs that you know the lyrics to?
American Pie – Don McLean
Piano Man – Billy Joel
Brothers in Arms – Dire Straits
Billy – James Blunt
I’ve got a plan – My Friend the Chocolate Cake
5. 5 Things you would do if you were a millionaire?
Buy a house (nothing extravagant – but comfortable)
Buy a car (a red convertible – and why not?)
Study full time and volunteer for charities (purely for selfish reasons – makes me feel good)
Get a house cleaner and a gardener (cause I’m inherently lazy)
Help out the family (I’m selfish, but not THAT selfish)
6. 5 bad habits
Over eating (This one is head and shoulders above all the others)
Procrastinating (usually only when I have really important stuff to do)
Forgetting birthdays (and anniversaries, and dinner dates)
Starting early and working late (caused by a high work ethic – is that a bad thing?)
Excessive internet use!!! (I can, and do, lose myself for hours)
7. 5 things you like to do
Sleep (Including naps on the weekend)
Run (I'd like to do this better, of course, and more of it, but I like it all the same)
Study (seriously, I do!)
Watch movies (especially *ahem* Star Trek)
Read books (Nothing better on a rainy Sunday afternoon)
8. 5 favourite toys?
iPod (music and podcasts – how did we EVER survive?)
Laptop (for games, DVD’s, oh and study)
Tin whistle (sooooooo much easier than the flute)
Cryptic crossword book (is this a toy? Well it’s a game!)
Killer sudoku!! (Ditto – obligatory brain exercise)
9. 5 things you would never wear?
Mini skirt (a bit too “mutton dressed as lamb”)
Ugg boots with shorts (it’s a fashion faux pas)
Police uniform (to be judged just because of what you wear is not appealing)
Excessive jewellery (it’s an OVER statement – like driving a Porsche)
Bikini (out of respect to those who might see me!!)
10. 5 things you hate to do
Go to loud, noisy, busy places (gives me a headache)
Wait (like waiting for a bus, or waiting for Christmas)
Diet (I refuse to diet! But I will eat healthily…)
To see suffering of any kind (from animals to people and even sick pot plants – unhealthy is unhappy and I hate it)
Be late (lateness is the epitome of rudeness – time is valuable)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd best not let BB see your comment about the porsche lol ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Forgetting birthdays... I even once forgot my boyfriend´s!!!
YAY for Star Trek! And uuuuhhhh, people "hate" me, because I´m always a bit too early or exact on the minute - even if I go a longer part on the sometimes real full motorway...

Anonymous said...

I am terminally punctual and it causes me physical pain to be late, I am obsessive about it

Kathy said...

Thanks Celeste. I like learning this stuff about people too. Thanks for tagging me.

warriorwoman said...

Oh no another one!
I know American Pie too, tis about the only song I can sing through I think.

lg said...

Hmmm, I fear I have the same penchant for snacks that you do!