Saturday, November 10, 2007

30 minutes - DANCE JIG!!!!

30 minutes!!!
30 minutes!!!
30 minutes!!!
30 minutes!!!
30 minutes!!!

Hee hee!! I am a LEGEND!!

I have wanted to make 30 minutes non-stop running for ages - and now I have. It was at this point last time that I got overly enthusiastic and ended up injured, so now I am going to stick with 30 minutes for a while before I start to push up the kms.

I thought I might just run the same route and see if I can make further distance in my 30 minutes. But for now I'm content to stick with a 5km loop, running 30 minutes and walking the rest.

Great run today. I knew I was set to make 30 minutes without stopping as soon as I started. I took it easy, and enjoyed the run. I even got that long forgotten but welcomingly familiar pain in my big toe at about 28 minutes. It was hot today and I wonder if that helped me in a funny sort of way. There were a heap of flies and apart from running along the water (and trees and traffic and grass), I could have been in Karratha.

NOW I feel like I'm back from injury.





9 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Congratulations that is great news that you are back to where you were before - and the slow and steady progress from here is definitely the right approach. Don't ditch the bike though, I'm finding a mixture of cycling and running is terrific!

lg said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations Celeste, your patience has paid off. Can't wait til I'm back there next year!

Kathryn said...

That's fantastic, well done :D

Iris Flavia said...

Congratulations from here, too! Wow, I think I could never do that (and in that heat!)! I admire your strength and your strong will!
Cool!

MorseyRuns said...

That is fantastic! I am doing a mad happy dance for you too.

Kathy said...

Yay Celeste. What a great achievement. You go girl!

Samurai Running said...

Great stuff Celeste!

Watch out though. I heard that "dancing jigs" may be the single biggest cause of achillies tendonitis there is, at least it was among 17th Century sailors ;)

jojo said...

AWESOME

warriorwoman said...

Well I'm glad your back too.

I'm just catching up on all your blog posts. Bloglines tells me have over 1000 unread blog posts to go so I'm starting out with yours.

It was a pleasant start to my reading marathon, your posts are so upbeat, positive and jolly. So glad you are able to enjoy the running again.