Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lil' ol' plod!

I have to say I am really enjoying my running at the moment. I am comfortable in my decision to stick with 30 minutes running and no more. It allows me to go for a run with no pressure on myself to "do better". I'm still not at 5km so I guess that is another magical barrier. I'm going to start to incorporate some interval training now - with a maximum of 30 minutes. I want to increase my speed but I don't have that need to be fast. Physically, I can't because of my arthritis - but I can go a bit faster than I do. I know that because I can still "sprint" when I need to. My sprint is not that quick of course, but it does say to me that I can speed up a little in my "normal" pace. So I'm thinking of doing Week 1 of the C25K as an interval run. I haven't done that yet, and I'm thinking once a week would be pretty good. Week 1 is only 20 minutes which sounds about perfect for me.

I can't believe how excited I am about my lil' ol' plodding!!! Another 30 minutes yesterday - all joy. I convinced hubby to get out on the bike while I was running and our paths crossed on the river. He high fived me as I went past and I had a big stupid grin on my face. I'm sure the other runners/cyclists and cars were wondering what the heck was going on. I hope they saw a fat woman trying hard and really enjoying her exercise!!!

7 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

You and I both know that everyone just saw a runner running and having fun. You are doing so well- so lovely and cautious and having fun. I am so madly jealous!

Samurai Running said...

It's all that dancing of jigs or as they call it nowadays, "cross training" that is helping with your running I reckon Celeste.

jojo said...

yep..completely agree with sara.. do be cautious tho..

Kathy said...

It's great to hear that you're having such fun. I'm always bubbling over about the fun I'm having with my running too. I have to stop myself from talking about it all the time.

I entered the kids in the 5 km fun run today. I was so excited I texted all their mums to say the entry form had gone in.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Celeste, 30 minutes non stop is a huge achievement.

Can't wait to read that you've hit that magical 5km mark too.

Iris Flavia said...

Thanks for giving me a big smile on the thought of high fiving your hub on the way!
Since my boyfriend and me live together in one town I feel so much better - and it will get even better in our new, bigger apartment, I guess.
He might find a job in town and we might meet accidentally or by plan in town - and I´m gonna give him a high five then, too (I´m sure I will be on the push bike or simply walk, though!...) - ahh, thank you for the image, Celeste! :-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Once again Sara has said almost exactly what I was going to say!