Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Great Court

I decided to finish my run a little differently this morning. I've been doing the same route so I can see how I feel at certain points and be pleased when I notice the difference. For example there is a little hut on the water that must have once been a boat shed. I can remember trying very hard to make it as far as the hut. Now I power past it! But anyway, this morning I decided I'd take the scenic route through UWA to come home. UWA is a beautiful old sandstone university - one of the top "8" in Australia. The green dot in the picture is me running across the Great Court! Hee hee!! Makes one feel all edjamacated just being in that environment. Now I don't know if I got all excited going through the uni or what it was but my last half was a full minute and a bit faster than my first half. That's one heck of a negative split!

Still really enjoying my running. I think because I can just run and not worry about lasting the distance. I know I'm only going 30 minutes so I don't even think about it. Great fun.


7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Nice going. It's always good to change routes, I'm hopelessly lazy about that.

Anonymous said...

It must be great to just go and run without any added pressures of time, distance etc.

Gearing up for Trailwalker there is now that little bit of added pressure on me (self inflicted of course) to go longer and longer!!

Anonymous said...

30 minutes is fantastic!

Incidentally the word ONLY has been banished from my vocab and I want it banished from yours as well. I read a great article recently that said using the O word diminishes your efforts and stated that barring injury every workout is valuable, not matter how long or short or whatever the quality, it is exercise and will improve your fitness regardless.

So no more only!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yeah, a change of scenery is always nice. Like Kathryn, I tend to run the same course over and over, with only minor variations. I think you have more choice running around where you are than my boring suburban streets.

Beakus said...

Blimey! I think the last time I checked in here you had just started running again, and now you are powering along for thirty minutes. Definitely no small achievement Celeste :oD I totally agree with Em about banishing the 'O' word.

As for the change of route, that always works wonders for my mojo... mainly because there's not that time trial mental thing.

B.

jojo said...

its sooo nice to hear you enjoying your running

Flea said...

Oh do stop that bragging ... your just to good!!
Exams are over, done and dusted! Hope to pop in more often.