Monday, January 15, 2007

Goanna!

No run today - just a comment. I was at the shopping centre today and was walking along the footpath when a GOANNA crossed the footpath in front of me. In the carpark! How often is that going to happen in Perth??! There are a lot of lizards here - geckos, the ta-ta lizard (called ta-ta because it runs on its back legs with its front legs in the air as if it was waving ta-ta - don't know its real name!) and the thorny devil, but I haven't seen a goanna in town before. I didn't get too close - goannas have a nasty bite!

9 comments:

Samurai Running said...

All the best for the move Celeste.
Sounds like you are "flat out like a lizard drinking."

Enjoy your trip down there and get back to the blog asap.

Sekhmet said...

That's pretty cool :-)

Re: the sub 6min thing, unfortunately that's not my long run pace at the moment - it was pre-injury so I'm hoping it won't take me too long to get back there. I have to keep practising what I preach (patience and consistency...)

Anonymous said...

Wow - a goanna! In the car park! Don't see too many of them around here! I didn't realise they bite either.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, the scariest thing I ever saw in a car park was a big male Koala, not as bad as a goanna but still scary when angry.

Don't think you'll see many in Perth

2P said...

It's the ones that don't have legs that you have to look out for ;-)

Thanks for your comments on my blog recently - much appreciated.

Your journey appears to be going well - I look forward to future installments.

LBTEPA said...

How exotic!
Good luck with your move to the 'big smoke'!
BTW thanks for the comment on my page :)

running uphill said...

What is it with these rampant goannas? We had one up on our front verandah the other day. Hope the move goes well and you enjoy running in a cooler clime.

beakus said...

Classic! Goanna in a car park. Sounds like a good band name.

I like the ta-ta lizard, a great name and a funny walk, love to see one of those beggars.

B.

lg said...

You better store that one in your memory bank - not too many people see that on their way to pick up some milk!