Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Scenic route

I had to drop the car off to get the window fixed this morning, so I thought I'd jog home. I decided to take the scenic route and see if I could find the river. All up 7km but it's still taking me an hour. Sigh. Percy tells me I was stopped for 96m. Not sure how that works. At least he is registering more of my running as jogging now, instead of walking. I still haven't managed to register any actual "running" but that will come. I had a few walk breaks today, too. It's weird - I feel better about my running, but I'm running less distance than I was in Karratha. Lots and lots of lovely houses - mansions some of them. At the point where I eventually found the river is a suburb called Peppermint Grove - VERY swank! Lots of BMW's and Porche's. People with far too much money.




I've filled in my application to become a member of the Western Australia Marathon Club, which is for people of all abilities and many members never run a marathon!! The club was formed years ago and they never got around to changing the name even though it's more just running, than marathons. Anyway, I'm going to mail in my membership. Hubby suggested to take out a "family" membership so that he could come along to events and walk them!!! I think he might finally be starting to accept that this running interest of mine is not going away!

There is a fun run in my neighbourhood on February 11!!! It will be my first "race"! There is a 10km and a 4km. I'm going for the 4km because I am absolutely paranoid they will pack up and go home before I finish the 10km. I've yet to ring the organiser, but I'm pretty excited! There seems to be scheduled runs all around the place on a fairly regular basis. Could also be a great way of getting to know Perth.

8 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Good work with all that running- I love running around Toorak and just gawking at the huge fences I can't see over! It is so good to have a goal- those fun runs are frightening at first but eventually you realise why they call them fun runs.

Anonymous said...

Peppermint Grove reeks of the rich. We use to also use to call people who lived in Nedlands, Neddy Heads, lol!

You go girl joining the running club good on you, oh dear where is the crying emoticon for me, lmao!!

Thaks for the comment in my blog today :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really positive day - club membership and an event sorted out.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a productive day :)

Anonymous said...

Well done joining the WAMC, you will get alot out of being part of a club. Looking forward to reading about it.

Stu Mac said...

Excellent to see that you have entered your first race and the right distance for you too!

Keep positive and enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

Good idea joining the club, and great to think you're entering your first race. Keep working on hubby too !!

Wanda Ring said...

Onya Celeste!


When I was at Uni,stealing pot plants off the front verrandahs around Nedlands was our Friday night entertainment!

We might bump into each other some time!
Watch out for a frowning,muttering runner :)

I think you should do the Bridges run in April!