Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm in Perth!

Well yesterday I ran 6km along the Swan River in Perth!!!!

I'm inPerth at the moment - and boy do I have news. We are moving to Perth!

It has all been a bit of a mad rush. After Isobel crossed the coast I got a phone call from my husband. He asked if I wanted to go to Perth. Well, who am I to complain about leaving the heat and moving back to civilisation! So yesterday we jumped on a plane and flew down here and started looking for somewhere to live. We were lucky enough to find something very quickly. I think it was all meant to be.

Hubby has got a transfer to Perth, effective immediately. We pack up and leave in a week or so.
We've managed to get a house near the river in Nedlands, a leafy suburb of Perth about 5km from the city. It's an older place, but I'm not complaining. I will be able to run along the river every day! I am so excited. I can join a running club and go to regular events. You will start to see my running improve in leaps and bounds!!!

So yesterday I decided to check out the river for the first time. I couldn't wait! There was water and trees and grass and birds and lots and lots of fit people! We are staying in the city at the moment so I started at the bells (for anyone who knows Perth) and then ran along the bike path past the Old Swan Brewery and turned around and came back. Poor old Percy took a while to adapt to the change in satellites but I hope he can draw me a pretty picture of my run. I'll have to wait to get home before I can download it. There were so many people out running and cycling and walking. I got overtaken by a couple of ladies who were jogging having a lovely chat! I'll be like that soon- just you wait!

Now just to get a job...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celeste, that sounds like wonderful news, Perth is such a lovely city. I am sure it will be much easier, motivation-wise and temperature-wise, to get out there and run. Good luck with the move, they are always hard work !!

MorseyRuns said...

My brother and his family lived in Nedlands and I loved going to visit just so I could run along the river then through Kings Park. What great news!

Ruune said...

Wow, what a huge change and in such a quick turnaround. Percy is going to love taking you exploring all over Perth.

You are going to love being able to run in events more often - makes such a difference having things to work towards.

Anonymous said...

Celeste,
Hope the move goes well.

Unfortunately you now have no excuses not to run.

Iam sure you and Percy will enjoy exploring your new envoironment.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can really hear the excitement in your writing.

Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures in Perth.

Sekhmet said...

Woohoo! That is really exciting news :) I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to find a job ;-) LOL

Em said...

Hey, congrats, you sound so excited.

You'll star on now, especially if you are able to join a group, that will really help you along.

Vicky said...

WOW! Thats fantastic news Celeste. Sometimes a sudden move is the best kind - no time to dwell or muck about packing, you just go for it! Sure you will love running in your new surroundings. I thought of you this evening when Isobelle was mentioned on our News/Weather bulletin.

MAR.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous move Celeste!! Oh, I am so home sick (originally from Perth).

Nedlands is a great place to live and lots of beautiful running spots, enjoy it :)

lg said...

Woo hoo, congratulations that is so exciting. Sounds like everything it was all meant to be!

I'm sure seeing all of the other runners out there is going to motivate you so much! Bring on the running reports I say!

Samurai Running said...

Great Celeste

We can put as much of a positive spin on Karatha as we like but it is still it's no Perth vis a vis being a good location for running.

Looking forward to follow your progress this year.

Kathryn said...

Woohoo, sounds great. My sister lived in Nedlands but I never made it over to visit her. I bet we'll be seeing some PBs from you real soon :)