Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I'm excited about 2007 and I expect there to be plenty of opportunities coming my way. I intend to grab those opportunities with both hands and hang on for dear life.

1. Complete a half marathon
2. Lose 15kgs. (I was going to put 30kgs - but anything more than 15 will be a bonus!)
3. Do training runs of 9-10km as a matter of course. Run at least 4 times a week.
4. Be able to do at least 10 full push ups on my knuckles (Go macho me!)
5. Remain injury free even if it means missing a run or a race now and then.
6. Eat sensibly. I'm no good at protein shakes breakfast, lunch and dinner but I can at least be conscious of what I eat.
7. Enjoy life!! Not be stressed by things over which I have no control.
8. Make a committment one way or another to the PhD. Either I do it, or I don't. I can't keep fluffing around hoping it will get done. An hour a day.


Cyclone news. Looks like Cyclone Isabel will be a "Wham bam thank you Ma'am" type cyclone. Zooming in and crashing into the coast before it can generate too much power. A nice Category 1 or 2 cyclone would be good to ease into the season. Save the big ones for later on! At this stage they predict it to cross the coast on Wednesday, but as a Category 3. Cat 3 and above are officially "scarey". Cat 1 and 2 are just big storms. We're on Cyclone Watch but not on alert yet.


5 comments:

lg said...

These goals are great! Can't wait to hear about your progress! A couple of them are very similar to mine

Glad to see you are being eased gently into the cyclone season?!?!?!?

Kathryn said...

Good luck with the goals!

You are so complacent about cyclones... it's amazing for those of us not used to them.

MorseyRuns said...

I like the resolution about push ups- upper body strength, what is that again?

Anonymous said...

Hey Celeste, we have the same goal "2007 km in 2007" - what a buzz - we can cheer each other along.
Andrew

running uphill said...

Happy New Year Celeste. Great goals - will look forward to reading about your progress. I like the 2007 in 2007, might adopt that one too!