Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bloody hot!

I made a mental note that I wouldn't keep complaining about the heat - but I can't help myself. This morning the heat and humidity were incredible! I was sweating from places I didn't know could sweat! I had little rivers of sweat running out of my knees!! My knees!! Bizarre. It was so hot overnight that the windows had condensation on the OUTSIDE!! You know how when you take a can of softdrink out of the fridge, condensation forms on it - well that's what it's like.

And these Goddam flies. I'm over them. I wear a fly net when I walk but not when I run, usually. Today I ran with the fly net. It's like wearing a plastic bag over your head. The sweat can't escape and it's hard to breathe. And THEN one sneaky bugger managed to get under the net and I had a hell of a time getting it out.

Vent over.

I ran 4km today. I tried to push it for the first two and I managed 14.42! Better than last week but still abismally slow. I took a quick walk break and kept jogging. I reached the 3km mark and I decided to keep going past my normal corner to cross the road into Millars. I haven't measured it yet, so I ran 9minutes past the 3km mark (just to be sure I made 4km). Then I walked home.

Got the SiS3 on Sunday. Tiger Boy has given me a challenge. I have to beat his 8km time over 4km. He reckons he'll come in about 31 or 32 minutes. I'll take him on! Nothing like a little challenge to get you motivated! I'll be struggling - but I guess that's the idea. Otherwise I'll never get faster - and there's no races up this way. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good luck with your challenge :)

Ruune said...

For some reason the first place that I sweat when I go running is my elbows. Seriously.

lg said...

Although quite a sight to imagine that flynet thingy whilst running, I think you may be onto something -better than my strategy of wearing rid (less toxic too).

Good luck on Sunday - nothing like a challenge to get you motivated