Friday, November 17, 2006

Didn't get out of bed this morning!!

Today is supposed to be my "recovery" run, or at least a run/walk. I usually enjoy these sessions because they are just for fun, no pressure, no time, limited structure. Just getting out there.


Well this morning I was just about to get out of bed when I got a visit from my cat, Pookie. She was feeling particularly lovey-dovey and snuggled under my arm and rested her nose on my nose. And she was purring. My heart just melted so I allowed her to share that special moment with me. Pookie is not a particularly affectionate cat and I always enjoy when she wants to spend time with me. Then she decided my nose needed cleaning, so she "groomed" me until I met with her satisfaction. Then she had to clean herself, because all that cleaning makes one dirty!


Eventually she got up but it was too late to go for a run - just too hot. Last night was a shocker. The minimum overnight was 27, but it felt worse. I've got to be out running before the sun is fully up or it becomes unbearable.


So I feel a little guilty for not running, but not too much. I haven't had a rest day since last Saturday, because now I'm walking on my rest days. So I might just make this a rest day - or I might go out this afternoon if it cools down enough.


But it was worth it for a quality bonding moment with my cat!

4 comments:

Jaykay said...

Is the cat a Burmese (looks like one). I love these cats as they have such a great temperment and normally very affectionate.

My Mum used to breed them and at any one time there would be tons of kittens running around the house!!

How does he handle the heat?

Jaykay said...

I meant to say "she" not "he"!

Celeste said...

Jaykay - she hates the heat!! You know it's hot when Pookie comes inside panting! Yes she's a Burmese - she had a bit of a traumatic childhood and was taken from her mother under a month old (far too early) and unfortunately never learned how to behave like a cat. She tolerates me, so I guess I ought to be satisfied with that.

Kathryn said...

Yikes, your cat licks your nose?

It must be so hard having such a limited window of opportunity for running - I guess good though in that you aren't tempted to put it off until later.