Friday, November 10, 2006

Easy day

Today I had to do 25 minutes light cardio vascular. Usually I will do a run/walk but today I went for a walk because my husband came with me. He doesn't run, and doesn't understand why I do, so it's nice sometimes to just walk together.

We walked for 30 minutes. I couldn't help myself and did the occasional star jump or knee lift or bum kick. But it was nice.

I don't feel like I've done anything when I've gone for a walk. Maybe I walk too slow. I think I'd like to start walking more often, maybe on rest days. I've got three rest days a week at the moment, and I itch to get out there and do something. What harm can a walk do?

I'm also thinking of tagging a walk onto the end of my runs to build up time on my feet. I hover around 40 to 50 minutes but if I add a 10 0r 15 minute walk to the end of the run, I will be on my feet for an hour. Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Ooh! Am I the first to comment on your blog? How excitement!!!

Just wanted to welcome you to blogland :-)

Now I have to actually read the rest of your blog so that I can see what you've been up to!

Ruune said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Pilbara. And I have to say that I agree that I never feel like I have really exercised when I go for a walk. Good luck keeping up the running and the blogging.