Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday

An easy run today. I was going to go for 5km but decided to only go for 4. I had an upset stomach this morning - probably something to do with the crap I ate yesterday when I went to a movie. I haven't had a pigout in a while, nor am I likely to again for a while if that is how it makes me feel when I run!! I was running much faster than I went on Sunday but I didn't record my time. I decided not even to take my watch because I get so frustrated at my speed. I might just go for distance for a while. Distance and how I feel. I struggled to make 4km. I stopped at about 3.5 to pat a cat that crossed my path - friendly thing. Then I found it difficult to start again. Serves me right. I decided to push it hard to 4km just to get it over with! I walked back to my street and did four run-throughs to finish off. (Not sure if that helps my speed, but it can't hurt!)

It was hot again. I checked the temp on the weather bureau site and it said 28.3 degrees. But the humidity was only at 30% so I didn't sweat too badly. I knew it was warm but I would have thought only about 26 so perhaps I am getting used to the heat!! I also went early - 5.10. If it's 28 degrees before 6am, I'm going to have to go early every day. Only getting to 40 today, apparently.

2 comments:

Jaykay said...

It's so amazing how extreme the temperatures are in Oz...you having 40 degrees and us in Melbourne having 14 tomorrow with snow on the local hills!!

I know where I'd rather be (and it's not Melbourne).

Celeste said...

Yeah - somewhere warmer than Melbourne but cooler than Karratha!!!