Friday, November 24, 2006

Flies sleep at night time

A light day today. Run/walk untimed for about 4km - just less. I didn't take my watch and the microwave said I was gone 34 minutes so pretty good really. That includes my warm up walk which I don't usually count, so it's not as swift as it sounds!!

I slept in this morning, unintentionally. I forgot to set the alarm. I was hanging out for dusk so I could do my run/walk. It was still hot but there were NO FLIES!! It's a shame it's not better lit - I might run in the evening more often. But then if it were better lit, there'd be all sorts of other bugs. Can't win really. I must admit though, I like the mornings better. (And that's coming from the Queen of sleep-ins!)

One more week till daylight savings - can't wait!! At least then I can get up at a decent hour and go for a run.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. Even though I'm running a race of one, it is no less exciting for me. I've gotta beat 32 minutes. As long as I don't get too excited and go out too hard. Race plan: start conservatively, but not slow, then play it by ear!

No comments: