Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A 6.31 k!

Yesterday the plan was to run/walk into the city to meet hubby and then walk home together. I'm still not quite used to running two days in a row so I knew I wasn't out to be a hero or anything. I thought I would run hard for a km - kind of like a time trial and then just do whatever until I reached hubby.

I managed one km in 6.31!!! OMG!!! It was very hard work and I was knackered at the end but - holy cow - it's a move in the right direction. Still, it was only for one km. At least now I know I am capable of it.

I ran/walked for another 4km and then walked almost 5km home. On my feet for a tad under 10km.

I caught the tail end of the Biggest Loser yesterday. I'm actually not a great fan, but there was one chick who was running with a skinny work colleauge. If any of you wondered what I look like - well the sight of the fat chick running is pretty close! I actually noted to myself that she could use an Enell bra.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Well done Celeste! Keep up the good work.

I caught the end of Biggest Loser too. I was hoping that I don't bounce as much as Kelly did. One of the challenges I've had losing weight is making sure I keep buying new sports bras. They are the first thing I buy as I move down the sizes.

By the way, I thought Kelly looked great running. I'm sure you and I do too.

beakus said...

Blimey Celeste - I go away for two weeks and so much progress is made! A 6:31min k, I am very muchly impressed :o) you must be well pleased with how things are going.

Also interested to read about the running club - I keep telling myself that one day I'll join my local club but never do, so it was good to see that your first experience with a club was a good one.

I had to chuckle at the Enell comment, I can't believe the number of people I see running without a sports bra - I love my Enell, even though I have small girls, it's just a really good sports bra.

Anyways, fantastic running Celeste, it seems that living in Perth definitely suits you and your running :oD

B.

lg said...

Well done Celeste*clapping hands excitedly*

You are going great guns!

I try to put it out of my head what I look like when I run - I'm out there so that's enough. With times like that, your motivation will be flying.

I'll definetely be checking out the enell bra when it is time to get a new one.

Anonymous said...

The improvements just keep on coming ... well done Celeste.

Anonymous said...

Good work, keep it up. Will you believe me if I say it will get easier? It's true.