Friday, February 16, 2007

Good run today

I had a good run today. 8.85km in about an hour and 15 minutes. I was running into the city to meet hubby and I had hoped to make 10km in under an hour and a half, but he drove past me before I finished the 10km. Oh well. I was on track for an hour and a half so that's pretty good. I was doing OK until 6km when I needed to stop and walk. When I started running again, I managed to continue plodding but my pace was much slower. I must have been in a rhythm without knowing it. I'm definitely improving. I managed to pass the 5km mark in 40 minutes so that's pretty cool! I'm now looking at my watch and seeing how far UNDER 8 minutes I am each km (well, at least for the first 4 or 5!!) Woo Hoo!! (Not sure what happened to the picture but you get a lovely aerial shot of Perth!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great effort. There is certainly no disgrace in walking. I walked for a 5 min spell during one of my runs earlier in the week. If you've gotta walk, then walk.

Sekhmet said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with a walk break - it's a training run, you're not out to kill yourself!

I'm sure next time you'll beat hubby, but he was cheating by using the car ;-)

So how much are you still loving Perth???

Kathy said...

I love reading your blog Celeste. It's great to see your enthusiasm, and it helps me to realise what I can achieve. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I agree with previous posters, nothing wrong with a walk break (I had about four or five in my 6km trudge tonight). Great to hear of your improvements, and your enthusiasm shows so clearly in your posts it is great to read.

MorseyRuns said...

I love your pictures of the route- I try to use Kings Park to get my bearings and try to find my brothers old house!
I don't think you are missing the fly net at all.

Flea said...

Got to admit: how do you know how far you've ran each time, what gadget do you use? A good shop in Perth to remember is one called Runners World in Northbridge!

lg said...

I think it's a great idea running to meet someone, gives you less incentive to turn back! Did he come back and pick you up?

running uphill said...

Another great run Celeste. You are improving so much - isn't that the great thing about running? You can measure the improvements so easily and there is always a new challenge.