Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fun Run!

I had a wonderful morning! 4km in 31.13 which is not my fastest but I'm reasonably happy with that. And I wasn't last! (There were walkers.) There were about 100 runners, maybe more so it was all very exciting. Hubby came with me - to walk - but when the gun went he took off running! He was excited by the atmosphere as I was. I took off very fast and had to slow right down. I was soon the last runner, but that's okay. I just wanted to make the 4km. Hubby tried to run with me but I was going too slowly so he just did his own thing (and came in under 30 minutes!!!!)

My pace was amazingly even - consistent to the second except at the end when I tried to pick it up. I didn't want to run out of puff so I kept it pretty slow and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! I managed to beat the 10km runners home - just! They were overtaking me on the loop thing back to the finish but still had to run 1km when I had 100m.

Great day!!!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Celeste, congratulations. I'm glad you had a good time. I look forward to hearing all about your next fun run. Keep up the good work.

MorseyRuns said...

Congratulations Celeste- first one out of the way and it didn't sound that painful! I once did a duathalon and just sat in the shower crying afterwards. So glad you had fun- as well as hubby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, bet you got the fun run bug now.

Nothing makes me happier than when I line up for a fun run and see so many people out there on a Sunday morning all for the same reason!

It's so cool that your Hubby joined you as well.

Sekhmet said...

Woohoo! Congratulations :-)

Anonymous said...

How cool that you are able to do fun runs now that you are living in civilisation. With any luck your hubby will catch the running bug too and you will have many more shared fun runs ahead of you.

2P said...

Wooohoo well done Celeste - great map too ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your very first Fun Run! You will be itching now to put a few more in the diary and work towards them.

Fantabulous work Celeste :-)

running uphill said...

Great run Celeste. Glad to hear that hubby is getting into it too.

Flea said...

Well done, it sounds so exciting! What a good time you ran!
I love the map idea too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Celeste - great to hear that your first fun run was so much fun. Even better that you got hubby to join in, I still can't get any of my family to even come and watch, let alone join in. So far, 8 fun runs for me, and every one on my own (except for all the other Ausrunners of course) !

MorseyRuns said...

Was this the Matilda Bay fun run? there was someone on www.ausrun.com.au forum talking about how they did the 10km for the first time and came last but loved it!

lg said...

Woo hoo Celeste - you rock, you have to be happy with that effort! I can just imagine how exciting it would be to be in that atmosphere!

It's great to see your hubby did it with you too.