Sunday, February 18, 2007

Karrakatta Cemetary

I decided to go somewhere different today so I headed out to try and find the Karrakatta Cemetary. I rather like cemetaries because they are so peaceful and I figured running through one would be peaceful too. And it was. A nice run, completely different to everything I have done so far, so a pleasant change. The Karrakatta cemetary is very old, and very large. Some of the graves are quite spectacular and it's all divided into different religions. It's very well kept, and was nice to run through.

Only about 6 and a half km today and very slow, even for me. But I'm still out there. I find myself taking walk breaks again, but when I'm running I'm running much faster. I guess it's a trade off until I can improve my cardio fitness. I'm really enjoying the faster running. I looked at Percy on one of the downhills and I had ticked over to 10km/h!!!

(Hannalie, you asked how I measure my runs - well Percy is a Garmin 205, and I don't know how I ever survived without him!! He tells me my speed and the distance I have travelled. AND he makes these pretty pictures!!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about running through cemeteries, I'd hate to keel over in there.

Garmin's are great.

Samurai Running said...

I totally agree about what you said about visiting cemeteries. I run through one near my house it always makes me feel grateful and alive, relatively speaking.

Thanks too for your comments on my blog. But you had better put your hat back on, it's still summer over there right?

Flea said...

We visit there every now and then, my hubby's dad is buried in the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) area.
It's beautifull there I agree, and some of the plants and gardens.

I'll google that Garmin gadget of yours thanks :-)

Flea said...

Oops, forgot to say, I tagged you!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Last time I can remember walking through a cemetary (except for funerals) was at Uni when we used to walk through the Melbourne Cemetery at midnight - that was spooky!

Kathy said...

I'm going to have to get off the treadmill and start running outside more often. I would never have thought about running in a cemetry, although I do know of one that looks interesting here in Canberra that I've gone past on the bus.

MorseyRuns said...

I am not so sure about running through cemeteries- I don't even like doing sprints up to the Shrine! Nice little 6min/k pace there for a while!

Vicky said...

Great stuff joining the club Celeste - good on you!

Glad to hear you've got the 'ladies' sorted again! ;-)

You are definately improving, no doubt about it, and with your wonderful positive attitude, this will continue. The only way is up, baby!!

MAR.