Thursday, October 25, 2007

25 mintues!

It was decidedly hot here this morning, by Perth standards. But still another beautiful day. Today I was set to run 25 minutes without stopping. I can remember (not so long ago) doing this run once before and the jump from 20 minutes to 25 minutes was very ugly. I wanted to finish strongly and not ugly so I took it very steady. I honestly felt like I was jogging on the spot, I was going that slow, but Percy show me that I did actually cover some distance. For the first time in a long time I wasn't overtaken by anyone - I think more because it was quiet out there than because I was running swiftly!

So I made it! I made 25 minutes. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back some of which I had lost. Next week is all 25 minute runs. Very exciting.

Special message to Beki. I missed you. I am so sorry. I would like to have caught up. I hope you enjoyed our fair city.

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Nice going :D

Iris Flavia said...

Incredible!

MorseyRuns said...

Woo Hoo- 25 minutes- good stuff- I am sure it seems like baby steps but it is such a big thing. Am very jealous!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sounds like you're really getting back into it - and loving it! Well done - keep it up!

Kathy said...

Way to go Celeste.

2P said...

Nice work Celeste - 25mins how good is that? Fantastic!

jojo said...

woohoo

Lulu said...

Great stuff! Well done on your persistence!

Anonymous said...

So some 5km races in 2008? or maybe the New Years Eve run from Burswood (4km)...
Well done!

Anonymous said...

Yay, the pink maps are back :D