Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Out and back

I decided to run out and back today to see if I could gauge whether I start off too hard or whether I am steady at the same pace all the way through a run. On the podcast I listen to, the fellow (who periodically tells me I am doing a good job) lets me know when it is halfway. At that point I turned around. At one minute to go I pushed harder a little bit and finished about 20m past my starting point. I guess I would have finished spot on if I'd kept at the same pace for the last minute. That tells me a couple of things. One, my pace is very consistent. Sure it's only 25 minutes running, but it's steady. Two, I'm travelling very slowly if I only made an extra 20m by pushing hard for a minute!!!

One more 25min run then I kick up the time to 28min!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pool you run near looks very inviting!!

It's amazing how much longer the extra 3 minutes will feel. Good luck.

Kathy said...

You're doing so well Celeste. I love your ability to make running sound like so much fun. I find it inspiring.

jojo said...

speed schmeed!!! just enjoy! your back out there.woohoo

david santos said...

Hello, Celeste! (name portuguese)

Very nice photo, tahnk you and have a good day