Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 6 day 1 C25K

Today's run was 5 min then 8min then 5 min with a 3 min walk in between, plus a warm up and cool down. Percy let me down and told me I'd only gone 1.8km but he was having problems locking onto the satellites. I reckon about 4.5km. I am becoming consistent again. This morning I couldn't wait to get up again. The dawn was beautiful - bright red clouds. Isn't there a saying red in the morning shephards warning? Not really sure what that means. I tried to finish strongly again today. Now I'm taking it easier, I feel I've got more in the tank. I hope that doesn't mean I'm being lazy because I'm enjoying the running at the moment!

My chiropractor is a miracle worker. Yesterday he worked out that I've been running lopsided which means my left leg has been working harder than my right. Yet I had no strength on that side because the nerves weren't firing or something. Then he poked and proded and hey presto! I had strength! Both sides are about the same now which is amazing. I had never noticed. But now I do. Go figure. I've still got no movement because of the arthritis but he can balance me out at least. He reckons I might get some movement so I'm cautiously optimistic. PLUS today I get my weekly massage. I'll get him to dig into the sides of my calfs which are what have been bugging me lately.

I'm kind of looking forward to daylight savings but kind of not. It's always better in the mornings once it starts getting light really early - but I'm such an early riser that I'm in bed when it's still light!!! I'll see how I adapt this year. Then we get to vote on whether to keep it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Celeste, Great to see you up and running again. Bridges fun run is coming up in 3 weeks, it's a great one even if you walk it, maybe you can get hubby along too.
Your chiro sounds good. Can you email me details vdasilvaATaanet.com.au
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I hope you do keep DLS, as someone who has to maintain a national call centre it makes my job easier if you do, now if only I could get Vic, NSW and SA to go at the same time as Tas and for Qld to adopt it too LOL

Because it is all about me.

Congrats on starting C25K, and exciting journey awaits, I look forward to sharing it with you.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I am so looking forward to DST too!

Kathy said...

I hate the start of daylight saving. It takes me a couple of weeks to get over feeling as though I've had an hour stolen from me. Mind you, I love the other end, so it all works itself out in the wash.

I relate to your comment about worrying about being lazy if you're enjoying yourself. I sometimes think that. Then I realised that if I wasn't enjoying myself I wouldn't be getting my butt out there, so I try not to worry about it.

warriorwoman said...

Thats funny that you get to try out DST and then vote on it. I think I would avoid it myself if I had the choice.

Great to see you are still out running and not letting any weirdos stopping you from enjoying your park.

jojo said...

i love daylight savings...it is beautiful...can run much later at night and not be int he dark....woohoo