Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Avoid Kings Park?

Thanks to Anon for your comment yesterday. I don't scare easily but you've given me something to think about. The Western Path is the one I cycle on and I was on the Western Path at 7.15am on Monday morning! It is a very long path in a very big park, so not really surprising that I didn't see anything. Obviously the baddy is completely stupid because the path is at it's busiest in the mornings!! Still, occasionally I can go for a couple of kms without seeing someone. Unfortunately I have no one to cycle with, so I will continue to brave the ride alone. I am very confident I can look after myself! I do, however, avoid the park at night - especially on foot. Seems like the time of day is no longer relevant though...

I was supposed to go for a run this morning but it was raining. I wussed out. It wasn't the rain so much as getting my iPod wet. Percy can stand a bit of water but not the iPod. I think I read on the forum that someone wraps their iPod in glad wrap - I guess I could have tried that but it didn't occur to me at 5.30 this morning when I saw the rain and was nice and snuggly warm in bed. I have every intention of going this afternoon, looks like the rain will clear. As long as I run on Wednesday (sometime) I haven't missed a day, right? I've got a chiropractor's appointment after work, so hopefully it'll still be light enough to go after that. (Yes - STILL with the damn sore neck!!)

6 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

This is so sad to hear about Kings Park. On the other hand you might be right to not let you scare off totally. Maniacs can be everywhere... Keep your eyes open and maybe think of some sort of weapon that is safe to use, like a taser or something?

Wish you safe routes!

Anonymous said...

HMmmm, I wonder how true this is ... sorry but as I grew older I am suspicious of these messages, sounds to much like the e-mail about men selling perfume in car parks ... you remember that one?

First of all, why don't Anon leave their name? Or is it rather some one jealous trying to spoil your fitness regime?

I'll ask some copper friends about this if you like? Usually things like this is on the news isn't it?
And so did this person run with a blanket after a jogger? or was it a walker? certainly it would have looked out of place, I would think a ski mask works better?

I agree Celeste, just avoid it at night, things to happen there but I think as you say mostly during the day it's busy enough and I know you will know how to defend yourself.

Go girl! Hann

MorseyRuns said...

I can usually spot a fake alarm email a mile off and google usually confirms it for me- women being raped and drugged with horse steroids that leave them sterilized was the last one!
Hope the neck gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment my way, very much appreciated.

I'm chuckling here re - women and gadgets that are given names.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I would be a bit dubious about anonymous comments too! But nothing wrong with taking care anyway!

The taser idea sounds good. Just don't accidentally sit on it or anything though!

Kathy said...

I'd be worried about getting my iPod wet too Celeste. I was riding along a dark path near the lake the other night and was wondering if I was being a little foolhardy. Fortunately I didn't run into any trouble or trees.

Hope your neck is better soon. Good on you for not letting it hold you back.