Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Flawless weather

Today's weather was absolutely perfect. Flawless. Clear blue sky, a soft gentle breeze, and it was cool (but not cold). I headed straight down to the river for my run. THIS is what running outside is all about! I wish I could bottle today's weather. We've had rain and overcast conditions for so long that I can't remember the last beautiful day. (And I noticed on the news that Karratha is already getting 40 degrees.) It was so wonderful that when I finished my run, I jumped straight on my bike and rode to work. I just wanted that "outside" feeling for as long as possible. I pretended I was in a transition for a duathlon - well, I got the run and the bike the wrong way around but you know what I mean. It was funny, my bike ride was harder than usual. I wouldn't have thought my Week 4 on the C25K would take it out of me that much - but I guess it is an indication of how unfit I am!

This morning's run was about 3.5km in 32 mintues. I'll have to upload Percy's picture later. Today was a three minute run, 90 seconds walk, then a five mintue run. Then a second set after two and a hlaf minutes walk. I felt strong in the last five minute run so I ran the last minute at 10km/h. That's pretty quick for me. I think I might jump straight back to Week 5 again, and three 5 minute runs.

7 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Celeste

I know exactly what your talking about with those beautiful Perth/Fremantle days. I had so many of them and they are still etched in my memory.

Good to see you back at it so soon after your injury

Anonymous said...

It's so great to read that you're back out there running. Hope your neck and back have improved.

And I love the piccies of your cat on Facebook...he's just so gorgeous (yes I'm a cat lover!!)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Please can you arrange for some of that flawless weather to be shipped over here in time for this Sunday morning!

MorseyRuns said...

So jealous of the running! Might have to get myself a C25km plan for the exciting day when I am allowed to run again!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Celeste. I love hearing that you're back running. :-)

jojo said...

woohoo i love the ..picturing yourself in a duathlon....
but take it nice and slowly with this back to running gig...dont jump too far too fast..i have made that mistake a coupla times in very recent times :(

Kathryn said...

Jealous of your weather but congrats on the run. I reckon 10 kph is about my max speed except for short spurts :)