Monday, October 22, 2007

Another beautiful morning

A pretty good run this morning but a little chilly. Two lots of 10 minute runs with a 3 minute walk break. All up 4km including the warm up and cool down. Not too bad I guess. I've decided I'm not looking forward to daylight savings - sorry to all of you who love it!! It'll be too dark in the mornings! Maybe as it starts to get light I might enjoy it more - but it's just perfect now. I love it when the sun is just rising and the air is clear. Beautiful.

I took it really steady this morning and I finished strongly again. I don't know how fast I was going and I haven't looked. There's a 5km run in a couple of weeks and I think I might head towards that. I won't be ready to run it all, and I'm not going to try, but a run/walk might be perfect. I'd like to start going back to runs again. And I want to go back to my weekly training runs at the Marathon Club - but I'm just not ready for that yet. When I can make 4km without stopping I will look at it again.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who love daylight savings.

It does take a couple of weeks before it's light at 5.30am but it's so worth the wait.

I always find that I get so much more done during the week with daylight savings. I can get out in the garden or put washing out when I get home from work.

Okay, I've gone on long enough about it :0)

Iris Flavia said...

Aww... we switch to wintertime next Sunday, I hate that. OK, we can sleep an hour more but I hate those long and dark, cold winters.
I´m looking forward to our daylight savings a lot ;-)

MorseyRuns said...

I love looking at your Percy Pictures and thinking about how good it was when my brother lived in Nedlands- now they are moving from Scarborough to Doubleview- it is like they want me to visit less and less. Nice work with all that running. (Love daylight saving here but only because I love dark mornings)

Lulu said...

The 5km fun run sounds like a good idea. I always like having something to aim for.

I like the light mornings at the moment too and am not looking forward to it being dark and getting up at what will feel like 4.30...

Samurai Running said...

It's a great time of year here too Celeste. Just that we are entering opposite seasons.

I hope you can get back to your club too.

Kathy said...

It was really hot here today. It was already up to 23 when I was on my way to work!

Glad to hear you're finishing strongly. It means you have plenty left in the tank. Hope you enjoy your 5 km run.

Flea said...

Same here, not looking fw to day light savings! :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey there :-) I tried to get hold of you a couple of times this week but think I may have written the number down wrong :-( We are out of here today so it looks like we've missed the chance to catch up :-( :-(

Hopefully you will have a trip to Sydney soon...