Monday, October 01, 2007

Back out there

My neck is still sore but it's been a week since I went for a run, and I don't want to fall into another lazy habit - so I went for a very slow run this morning. I went back to Week 4 of the C25K and took it steady. There were two sets of three minutes and five minutes with 90seconds break. My fastest pace was 7 mintues 15 a km but I did mange to get up to 11km/h for the last minute. All up 4.5km in about 42 minutes.

It's a public holiday here today and a beautiful day! There were lots and lots of people along the river running, walking and cycling. It felt really good to be out there again.


6 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you had a good time running. It's a public holiday for me too, and I'm enjoying having the extra day at home in Melbourne. Not doing much at all, which is lovely.

jojo said...

yay..me too back out there today doing a walk run...felt good//yay for you

2P said...

Nice work - keep chipping away Celeste.

Iris Flavia said...

Queens Birthday :-))))
Yep, I remember that! Like Anzac Day.... we come to for example Carvarvon, Woolworths... and WOW... Sooo much place to park your car. Sure, Woolworths is closed, another public holiday we weren´t aware of!
Keep on running, glad you´re back again :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a glorious day! Good girl for getting out there again, it all counts :)

Take care of your neck Celeste.

warriorwoman said...

This one looks like a lovely route (from above) and you got great weather to boot. What fun.