Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 2 Week 5 again

Today I did two 8 minute runs again. I am no longer concentrating on how slow I am running, and I had a great run this morning. I made it fairly easily and am confident to try the 20 minute run next time. I figure as long as I am out there and it looks something remotely like running, then it's got to count. All up during my run/walks I am covering between 4.5 and 5km, so a marked improvement from where I was a month ago. Now, to jump on the bike and cycle to work!


5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well done on the 2x8's, I'm sure the 20 will go great. And it definitely does count!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up again, so much has happened in your world since last week I don't know where to start.

Glad to see you are still getting some consistent runs in.

Bummer about the park, it makes me so mad that people have to ruin in for us with their nasty little ways, please be careful.

Double bummer about the arthritis, a girl from my club has it in her hip. She can't run as much as she would like but she still manages it and you will to. She just has to work within her limitations.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a good run Celeste. I love the feeling when I'm really enjoying a run.

Thanks for letting us know that story was real. I'll be a little more careful out there myself.

Flea said...

I'm feeling so unfit when I read all this, but good news are you do inspire me! :-)

Was gonna tell you, I checked my very thick, very heavy Human Anat book and the muscles on the side of your leg are the fibularis longus and fibularis brevis. The both end in ligaments under the foot so I suspect you might have over flexed or rolled your foot outwards while running.

jojo said...

great!look forward to hearing about the 20mins very soon :)