Sunday, December 03, 2006

10km run/walk

Well I was true to my word. I ran/walked 10km this morning. I'm not sure exactly how far I ran and how far I walked, but I know I ran more than I walked. Even though we are not timing these things, it took me an hour and 44 minutes - but I didn't look at my watch once during the run! And the time is only for future reference. Since I don't know how far I ran or walked, I can't work out my speed - so it's all good.

I left early this morning and it made a difference. Also the new route is fun! There is one stretch where I have to run up and down the same road for about 8oom each way and that is a bit boring, but the rest is cool because it is all one lap.

I got overtaken by a kid on his bike who was being stupid doing wheelies up the gutter and riding with no hands. He rode really close to me to get past. I say kid, but he was probably closer to 16 or 17. He was about 50m in front of me when he tried to jump up the gutter with no hands and he came off - hard. He was still on the ground when I caught up to him. He was hurting but he was too embarassed to show it! I asked if he was OK and he said he was fine. His bike, however, was not. He limped off pushing his bike (and was still going faster than me, but we are not concerned about speed anymore are we?) but I'm guessing he was heading straight home! Poor bugger.

Plus - we are now on daylight savings!!!

5 comments:

lg said...

Great work - what an effort!

I'm sure that kid won't try that anymore (well, he probably will but not for a while!)

Kathryn said...

Well done. Since you're trying to forget the watch, maybe you should do a chart of kms run per week :)

As for the kid, it's good that he learns that stupid actions have consquences (you can tell I'm a mum, can't you..lol)

Unknown said...

Well done on the 10km distance!

I love day light saving despite the faded curtains, lol ;-)

Sekhmet said...

Well done girly!!! That's fantastic, there'll be no stopping you now ;-)

running uphill said...

Well done on the 10 ks. Good on you for getting out there and running - it is amazing how many people I know who say 'I couldn't do that' and they never believe me when I tell them that everyone can run. So my advice is forget the watch and just run because you can!!