Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Another new route

Another new route today - and no watch. It's a lot more relaxing for me when I run, but I worry that I will take it too easy because I don't know how far I've gone or how long. I find I underestimate these things.

I measured today's route on gmaps and it is about 5km. OK I guess, but the microwave tells me I was gone almost an hour. Not sure how that happened. But I'm still getting out there, so I will continue to improve I guess.

Daylight savings is great in the mornings, but a pain at night! My body is not ready for dinner until the sun goes down, so by the time we eat it's like 9pm. Then I want to get up early to go for a run so I like to go to bed by 10pm but I'm still full from dinner. I'll have to get into a new routine. Mornings however are wonderful. Up at 5.30am for a run in the coolish pre dawn.

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I am used to eating early now- don't worry it gets easier (sometimes I go to bed while it is still light!)

Kathryn said...

I love daylight savings :)

And to answer your question about my stupid run - it was stupid cos I ran one way then realised I had to get home!

Sekhmet said...

I wish I culd fit more hours in between 11pm and 5am as I need to go to bed two hours after getting home from work if I want to be up really early.....

Samurai Running said...

Hi thanks for the message

I've been reading your blog with interest. Especially liked the post about the heat "sweating thu the knees."

The heat there can really only be understood if you've experience it I know. Keep up the coolish early morning runs!