Saturday, December 23, 2006

Pleasant run today!

I had a wonderful run this morning. Lots of flies buzzing around but they all seemed to miss my mouth and eyes. 5km in an unknown (and don't care) time. I had one brief walk break about 3.5km when a Micheal Jackson song came onto my MP3. (How did HE get on there????) It coincided with the sun breaking over the hills and the full heat hitting me. Stopped me dead until I flicked onto the next song - aahhhh Dire Straits, give me Mark Knopfler any day.

I really enjoyed my run. I wanted to keep going but it was too hot - had I left half an hour earlier I might have tagged on an extra 2km. I'm motivated to get out there over the next couple of days!

Message to Em - the Pilbara is absolutely beautiful! The harshness of the climate means the landscape is ruggedly spectacular. I don't think you can truly experience it unless you live here. I whinge and complain about the heat, but I genuinely love living here. I wish it was cooler (and perhaps a few less cyclones) but there are not many places where you can see the desert meet the ocean. It's been amazing here and I'm glad to have had the opportunity. I don't know that I would recommend a move here to runners though.....

2 comments:

lg said...

I'm afraid to admit I have a Michael Jackson song *hangs head in shame* but I guess its more of a Jackson 5 song (Blame it on the boogie). I would never have anything done by him alone as he is a nutto.

Well done on the run!! Have a lovely chrissy!

MorseyRuns said...

It sounds fantastic there- we go to Perth every year but never head north- might have to make that my resolution- see more of Australia.