Saturday, December 09, 2006

Walk today

Sometimes it is just nice to walk and not run. This morning I went for a 5km walk and I really enjoyed it. I like running MORE but it was a nice change. I can put the fly net on and not worry about my breathing, and I seem to sweat less. Obviously I am not working as hard.....

Today I went to buy a new pair of pants for work. I am usually an 18 and sometimes a 20 *shame* but I had to buy a size 24 today. Quite a slap in the face really. To add insult to injury the lady had to hunt for that size and then told me (quite politely) that she was sorry but that is the biggest size they make. She tried to make me feel better by telling me that manufacturers make different sizes and even SHE has to go up to size 14!!! Humph! It's one thing going from a 12 to 14 but quite another thing to struggle to find anything in the shop big enough. I tried on other styles but their 24's were too small!! Narrows down the choices when you are limited to the only thing in the shop that will fit.

I've learnt not to go into "real" clothes shops because they only stock size 8 and 10, but I thought a workwear shop would be a bit more realistic. Anyway - I'm on the journey and I'm heading down! I'll keep running and watch the food and hopefully my size 24's will be too big soon!! One day I'll go into a regular shop and buy what I damn well please!

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hi Celeste

I wanted to ask, do you see many other runners there? I remember I ran for a month or so while I was there and didn't see anyone else running.

If you are worried about finding a shop that stocks clothes to fit perhaps you ought to go to that other desert town "Las Vegas" for a few days shopping. But actually I reckon you couldn't find any clothes there small enough for you.
Now there are some big people!

Kathryn said...

There is definitely some huge variations in size for clothes and I'd not worry too much. Of course it's nice when it goes the other way and you can wear a smaller size than normal :)