Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Club run

I had a blinder of a run tonight!! At the running club there is a 6km option, a 10km and a 14km. I set off tonight with the intention of running the 6km. But Bob was there! Remember Bob? He was the bloke who helped me across the line on Sunday's 8km race. We started off at his pace (and soon slowed down for me - lol!) with Jenny (my usual partner) and another lady Di. They were discussing how far we should run tonight. Bob suggested I might try the 10km after my performance on Sunday! (What a nice bloke!!) I have run 10km - as you well know - but never WITH someone and I was a bit shy. I am VERY slow. Anyway, I gave it a go and I made it! OMG - 10km AGAIN!!

Bob and I had a lovely chat during the run - it was great!!! And then when I finished there were a lot of people calling me by name (!!) and congratulating me for my run tonight and my ripper of a run on Sunday! I'm still the slowest (with Bob!) but I felt sooooo welcome! I told myself I would go 7 times before I decided if it was for me - but after only 4 times I absolutely love it! All the runners are celebrating my milestones with me - it is awesome.

Of course, now I have set a precedent and will have to run the 10km loop each week.....

10 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Celeste

Great to hear that the club is working out. I know how much the support of others means to me. It seems most of us need and thrive on it. Here is a quote I like and look at the name!

"We live by encouragement and die without it -- slowly, sadly, angrily."
Celeste Holm

Kathryn said...

Nice work there. The running club sounds fun and very encouraging.

I think you made a typo though. What you meant to say was... I have set a precedent and will have to run AT LEAST the 10km loop each week... cos you'll be doing 14 km in no time :)

Anonymous said...

I panicked for a moment - I thought you were going to say you had taken the 14km option and I was going to have to get out there tomorrow and match you.
Phew, I can stay rested up for a moment. I don't expect it to be long though.

beakus said...

Huzzah! Great stuff Celeste, I think you can with all certainty say that you have 10k in the bag :o) sounds like the club is working out reall well. I agree with Kathryn, you'll be storming that 14k very soon.

B.

Ruune said...

Welll done Celeste, your training group sounds fantastic. I have been wanting to go to my local club for training but I unfortunately can't make it for time. What a great encouragement it is to run with other people who help you achieve your goals.

Anonymous said...

Celeste, re your comment on my blog, I think you are going to run more kms than me this week - you are doing just great!

Sarah said...

Hi Celeste - that's excellent!! You sound like you have the 10km down pat!

I'd love to go run with a club, but I think I need to improve my distances first, plus the times they meet near me are just a bit inconvenient at the moment.

Keep up the good work.

Kathy said...

Celeste, that's terrific. You're an inspiration. You rock!

2P said...

Celeste you are becoming soooo consistent and that really is the key - keep it up mate.

Anonymous said...

You are really inspiring me Celeste with your progress and enthusiasm :)

Its a shame you are not in Melbourne as you could have done the R4K! You would blitz it for sure :D