Monday, March 05, 2007

That's better

After my failed attempt at a run yesterday, I decided to have another go last night. Hubby and I went to a flash hotel for our anniversary and stayed the night. They had a schmicko gym so I jumped on the treadmill. I set it to 8km/h and managed 30minutes (4km)! It was hard work, but I was really pleased with the effort. Then I jumped in the spa which was too hot so I sat in the freezing cold pool and pretended I was giving myself an ice bath! Then back in the spa to warm up and last night I felt great!!

I've worked out that all I need is a pool in the backyard and I'll be set! As the weather cools down I'll have an ice bath ready to go. But I don't have a pool (and no bath either) so the ice baths will have to wait.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Every time I visit your blog I find great posts with great attitude and find you've made yet more progress. You really are going well Celeste, have no doubt! And don't worry about those triathletes - they've been at it for years! I've been running for quite a long time too, don't forget that. You just started a little later thats all, but you're catching on quick and learning and improving all the time. Great about running with the club again and having a companion for the whole run. And brilliant that you got a massage - it took me years to cotton on to that one! I see Perth has had some scorching temps the last few days - you definately need a pool! Perhaps a blow-up kiddies one would do the trick!?!?

MAR.

Anonymous said...

Celeste, Vicky is 100% right, you are making brilliant progress, and your enthusiasm rubs off on all of us! Oh, and by the way, happy anniversary!

Kathy said...

Amazing dedication Celeste - you went running during your anniversary celebration! I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

You need to get that no bath thing sorted. Where do you keep your bike?

MorseyRuns said...

I like Vicky's idea of the kiddies pool- I am writing this with my foot in a bucket with ice bricks for my ankle! Good work on the treadmill too.

Anonymous said...

What Vicky said. lol