Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sore calves

My calves are sore today! Ha Ha - must have been those damn stairs and that nasty hill yesterday. Plus I obviously didn't stretch sufficiently. Naughty me. But it feels like I actually did some work - so it's good!

It's hot here today (I came to Perth to ESCAPE the heat) so I am not going to the running club this afternoon. It's still high 30's and I don't need to impress anyone with my stamina, so I'm not going. I'll run tomorrow morning, so I don't feel guilty - I'll still run 4 times this week.

Plus I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. Hubby has had to go back up to Karratha for Cyclone George. The new manager who took over from him has had no experience bunkering down for a cyclone so she needs a hand. Typical. We rejoice that we never have to go through another cyclone - and he flies into one deliberately!! And a big one at that! So I'm by myself for a week or so. I've got some comfort food, a DVD, an air conditioner and the cat - so all is not bad!

4 comments:

Samurai Running said...

If that list is in order of preference then you have the same taste as me. Hope it's not too lonely Celeste.

Anonymous said...

Very wise not to run in high 30s temperature. Look after yourself with hubby away!

Kathy said...

I'm not surprised your calves are sore. I read yesterday's blog with a sense of awe, but was too tired to leave my 10c worth.

What sort of comfort food do you like? My tastes are changing with my new eating style, and I've discovered these fabulous individual cheesecakes - not too many calories, really yummy, and they count as dairy! What's not to like?

Hope hubby is home soon. And good luck to you both with the fun run.

MorseyRuns said...

My sister in law says it has been 42 degrees there for a while now- that is no good for anyone. Such a sensible name for a cyclone- hubby obviously knows what he is doing or they wouldn't have requested him? Hope he is getting paid extra well!