Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Shorter club run

Another great club run tonight! Bob didn't run because he was off organising the run on Sunday but Jenny was there. Off we plodded. Only 6km tonight because I don't want to do too much leading up to Sunday. It wasn't until I got home that I realised I'd managed it with an average pace of 7.37 min/k!!! Holy cow!! And I thought I was being fairly conservative too. I must admit I do tend to run that little bit faster when I'm with someone though.

New shoes today too! I went and visited Bob at his shop. I bought a pair of Brooks Glycerin 5. Very schmick. Bob had me running up and down his back laneway in various pairs and we eventually settled on the Glycerin. But the men's not the women's.

While I was there I picked up a Fuel Belt, new socks and a long sleeved running shirt for those brisk mornings in Perth!!

I've got the Bridges fun run on Sunday and I've managed to work out that I was issued a 5km number instead of a 10km number. It was only coincedently that someone mention a "red" number and a "white" number or I would never have known. I swapped over my numbers tonight at the club house but now I'm home I've realised that my new number doesn't have a timing chip on the back of it. Sigh. I'll take it in to Bob tomorrow and see what we can work out. Someone else on the run tonight said that happened to them last year and they had their 10km time put down as a 5km time!! Nothing like a bit of last minute drama to keep me excited!

6 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Taper Celeste, taper! How exciting- everytime I read your blog there is something else new and fantastic- usually a lot faster and longer runs- but new shoes are always so good. How nice to have a running mentor too- who owns a running shop!

Anonymous said...

I think you probably own every piece of running equipment that's needed now.

The fuel belt just capped it off nicely :-)

Good luck with your run on Sunday Celeste.

LBTEPA said...

Oooh you speedster you :) Good luck for Sunday!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Bob - sounded like the perfect bloke, and that was before I knew he had a running shop - so what does that make him? I hope the socks were Thorlos ?

Anonymous said...

You're coming on in leaps and bounds. Now you're the victim of 'pace creep', hey, it just happens, but nice.

Good luck for Sunday.

Kathy said...

Congratulations Celeste. Another achievement!

Have a blast on Sunday.